How do we design for the large part of the population with varying physical and cognitive abilities? In this What's New podcast , Waleed Meleis, associate professor of electrical and computer...
You are here
- Optimal scheduling and register allocation, with spill code, for multiple-issue processors
- Microprocessor-aware scheduling algorithms for modern compilers
- Algorithms for weighted-completion time scheduling
- Design and analysis of tight lower bounds on schedule length
- Backtracking acyclic schedulers
- Parallel and scalable processing systems and programming toolsets.
- Computational infrastructure for seamless, inter-site Grid computing
- Applications of combinatorial optimization to switching, testing, and reconfigurable computing
- Multiagent machine learning for distributed combinatorial optimization
- PhD, University of Michigan, 1996
- L. Sallaway, S. Magee, J. Shi, F. Quivira, K. Tgavalekos, D. Brooks, S. Muftu, W. Meleis, R. Moore, D. Kopans, K-T. Wan "Detecting Solid Masses in Phantom Breast Using Mechanical Indentation", Experimental Mechanics, March 27, 2013
- D. Lazer, W. Meleis, B. Foucault Wells, C. Riedl, et al. "Performing Massively Open Online Social Experiments with Volunteer Science", Workshop on Crowdsourcing and Online Behavioral Experiments (COBE) at the ACM Conference on Economics and Computation, 2015
- C. Wu, W. Li, W. Meleis "Rough Sets-based Prototype Optimization in Kanervabased Function Approximation", IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology, 2015
- W. Meleis, et al. "Volunteer Science as a Platform for Studying Team Processes and Performance", Cooperative Team Networks Workshop at the International School and Conference on Network Science (NetSci), 2014
- C. Karbeyaz, B. Foucault Welles, J. Hoye, W. Meleis, D. Lazer, et al. "Information Navigation and Hidden Profile Experiments on the Volunteer Science Web Laboratory", International Sunbelt Social Network Conference (Sunbelt XXXIV), Florida, US, 2014
- J. Tai, J. Zhang, J. Li, W. Meleis, N. Mi, "ArA: Adaptive Resource Allocation for Clouds under Burst Workloads", Proceedings of the IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), Orlando, Florida, 2011, 1-8
- K. Chowdhury, R. Doost-Mohammady, W. Meleis, et al. "Cooperation and Communication in Cognitive Radio Networks based on TV Spectrum Experiments", Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM), Lucca, Italy, 2011, 1-9
Waleed Meleis received his BSE degree in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University in 1990, and the MS and PhD degrees in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Michigan in 1992 and 1996. In 1996 he joined the Computer Engineering Group of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern University.
Professor Meleis's research is on developing and evaluating algorithms and bounds for combinatorially difficult optimization problems. He has made contributions to the following areas:
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Papers in refereed journals
ECE Interim Chair Miriam Leeser, Associate Chair Waleed Meleis, and Associate Professor Purnima Ratilal-Makris met with undergraduate students in the ECE Student Advisory Board to discuss their...
What do weather prediction, the stock market, and phone call routing have to do with Galileo, Newton, and Leonardo da Vinci? Come to Italy to find out! Italy and the Scientific Revolutions Instructor...
229 Richards Hall