ECE Assistant Professor Devesh Tiwari was awarded a $500K NSF grant for "REYAZ: Reliability-Aware Job Scheduling for HPC Systems."
You are here
- K. Mohit, S. Gupta, T. Patel, M. Wilder, W. Shi, S. Fu, C. Engelmann, D. Tiwari, Understanding and Analyzing Interconnect Errors and Network Congestion on a Large Scale HPC System, In Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), 48th Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference 2018
- S.S. Vazhkudai, R. Miller, D. Tiwari, C. Zimmer, F. Wang, S. Oral, R. Gunasekaran, D. Steinert, GUIDE: A Scalable Information Directory Sevice to Collect, Federate, and Analyze Logs for Operational Insights Into a Leadership HPC Facility, In Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, 45, 2017, 1-12
- S. Gupta, T. Patel, C. Engelmann, and D. Tiwari, Failures in Large Scale Systems: Long-Term Measurement, Analysis, and implications, In Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, 45, 2017, 44
- J. Kelley, C. Stewart, N. Morris, D. Tiwari, Y. He, S. Elnikety, Obtaining and Managing Answer Quality for Online Data-Intensive Services, ACM Transactions on Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Computing Systems (TOMPECS), 2(2), 2017, 11
- B. Nie, J. Xue, S. Gupta, C. Engelmann, E. Smirni, D. Tiwari, Characterizing Temperature, Power, and Soft-Error Behaviors in Data Center Systems: Insights, Challenges, and Opportunities, In Proceedings of the 25th IEEE International Symposium on the Modeling, Analysis, and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS) 2017, 22-31
- S. Gupta, T. Patel, C. Engelmann, D. Tiwari, Failures in Large Scale Systems: Long-term Measurement, Analysis, and Implications, Proceedings of the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis, 44, 2017, 12
Devesh's research focus revolves around designing sustainable, resilient, and scalable systems with special emphasis on understanding and exploiting cross-layer interactions. His research interest also involves applying high performance computing and data analytics expertise to emerging inter-disciplinary research domains. His research publications have received best paper award nominations at conferences including Supercomputing (SC), Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), and Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS). His work has appeared in various conferences such as USENIX FAST, SC, DSN, HPCA, MICRO, IPDPS, and have been covered by the news media including Slashdot and HPCWire.
Before joining Northeastern, Devesh was a staff scientist at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a flagship multiprogram science and technology national laboratory of the United States Department of Energy (DOE). Devesh earned his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from North Carolina State University. Before that, he obtained his B.S. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur in India.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
ECE Assistant Professor Desesh Tiwari was selected to be the Program Area Vice Chair for the 32nd IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium which is one of the leading conferences in high performance parallel and distributed computing.
Devesh Tiwari joins the Electrical & Computer Engineering department in January 2017 as an Assistant Professor.