ECE Professors Octavia Camps and Mario Sznaier were awarded a $500K NSF grant for "Dynamic and Statistical Based Invariants on Manifolds for Video Analysis." Abstract Source: NSF Computer...
You are here
- IEEE Control Systems Society Distinguished Member Award
- B. Yilmaz, C. Lagoa, M. Sznaier "An Efficient Atomic Norm Minimization Approach to Identification of Low Order Models", 2013 IEEE 52nd Annual
Conference on Decision and Control, 2013, 5834-5839
- M. Ayazoglu, B. Yilmaz, M. Sznaier, O. Camps "Finding Causal Interactions in Video Sequences, IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision", Sydney, 2013
- C. Dicle, O. Camps, M. Sznaier "The Way They Move: Tracking Multiple Targets with Similar Appearance", IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision,
Sydney, Australia, 2013
- K. Bekiroglu, M. Sznaier, C. Lagoa, B. Shafai "Vision Based Control of an Autonomous Blimp with Actuator Saturation Using Pulse Width Modulation", Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, 2013, 1036-1041
- Y. Cheng, Y. Wang, M. Sznaier "Worst Case Optimal Estimators for Switched Linear Systems", Proceedings of the 52nd IEEE Conference on Decision and
Control, 2013, 4036-4041
Mario Sznaier received the Ingeniero Electronico and Ingeniero en Sistemas de Computacion degrees from the Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay and the MSEE and Ph.D degrees from the University of Washington. From 1991 to 1993 he was an Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Central Florida. In 1993 he joined the Pennsylvania State University, where he was promoted to Associate Professor in 1997 and to Professor of Electrical Engineering in 2001. In July 2006 he joined the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Northeastern University, Boston, MA, as the Dennis Picard Trustee Professor. He has also held visiting appointments at the California Institute of Technology in 1990 and 2000 and currently holds an appointment at Penn State as Adjunct Professor of Electrical Engineering. His research interest include Multiobjective Robust Control; Dynamic Vision and Imaging, Control Oriented Identification, Robust Model (In) Validation and Application of Dynamical Systems Theory to Physics. He is currently serving as an Associate Editor for the journal Automatica and as a member of the board of governors of the IEEE Control Systems Society.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2017-2018 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Guohao Dai, BioE...
ECE professors Mario Sznaier, Octavia Camps, Ali Abur, & Edmund Yeh, MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, CEE professor Jerome Hajjar, COS professor Lisa Feldman Barrett, CCIS professor...