CEE Professor Ming Wang & ECE Professor Nian Sun were awarded a patent for “ Real-time wireless dynamic tire pressure sensor and energy harvesting system ”. Abstract Source: USPTO An...
You are here
- B. Sc. Materials Science and Engineering Huazhong University of Sci.&T., China 1993
- BS Minor Electrical Engineering Huazhong University of Sci.&T., China 1993
- M. Eng. Materials Science and Engineering Chinese Academy of Sciences, China 1996
- M. Sc. Electrical Engineering Stanford University 2001
- Ph. D. Materials Science and Engineering Stanford University 2002
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award
- NSF CAREER Award
- Z. Zhou, M. Trassin, Y. Gao, Y. Gao, D. Chen,...N.X. Sun "Probing Electric Field Control of Magnetism Using Ferromagnetic Resonance", Nature Communications, 6, 2015, 6082
- T. Nan, Y. Hui, M. Rinaldi, N.X. Sun "Self-biased 215MHz Magnetoelectric NEMS Resonator for Ultrasensitive DC Magnetic Field Detection", Scientific Reports, 3, 2013, 1985
- M. Liu, Z. Zhou, T. Nan, B.M. Howe, G.J. Brown, N.X. Sun "Voltage Tuning of Ferromagnetic Resonance with Bistable Magnetization Switching in Energy-efficient Magnetoelectric Composites", Advanced Materials, 25(10), 2013, 1435-1439
- J. Lou, M. Liu, D. Reed, Y. Ren, N.X. Sun "Giant Electric Field Tuning of Magnetism in Novel Multiferroic FeGaB/Lead Zinc Niobate Lead Titanate Heterostructures", Advanced Materials, 21(46), 2009, 4711-4715
- S.X. Wang, N.X. Sun, M. Yamaguchi, S. Yabukami "Sandwich Films: Properties of a New Soft Magnetic Material, Nature, 407, 2000, 150-151
Nian Sun is a professor at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Northeastern University. He received his Ph.D. degree from Stanford University. Prior to joining Northeastern University, he was a reserach scientist at IBM and Hitachi Global Storage Technologies. Dr. Sun was the recipient of the National Science Foundation CAREER Award, Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award, Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award, USAF Summer Faculty Fellowship, and the first prize IDEMA Fellowship. His research has been on integrated magnetics and multiferroics for sensing, memory, power, RF and microwave electronics. He has over 150 publications, and more than 20 patents and patent disclosures. One of their papers was selected as "the 10 most outstanding full papers in the past ten years (2001~2010) in Advanced Functional Materials". Dr. Sun has given over 80 invited or keynote presentations in national and international conferences and universities. He is an editor of IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, and a fellow of the Institute of Physics and of the Institution of Engineering and Technology.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
23 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY17 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing over $600K dollars of investment in research.
The COE Undergraduate Research Lab fair gathered hundreds of students eager to learn about the research opportunities available to them.
Frost Lounge on the first floor of Ell Hall