ECE Associate Professor Tommaso Melodia will lead a three-year $1.57M NSF grant with Associate Professors Stefano Basagni, Matteo Rinaldi, and Professor Milica Stojanovic for the "Development of a Software-Defined Networking Testbed for the Internet of Underwater Things".
You are here
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Fellow
- Y.Aval and M.Stojanovic, ``Differentially Coherent Multichannel Detection of Acoustic OFDM Signals," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, to appear.
- E.Zorita and M.Stojanovic, ``Space-Frequency Block Coding for Underwater Acoustic Communications," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, to appear.
- P.Qarabaqi and M.Stojanovic, ``Statistical Characterization and Computationally Efficient Modeling of a Class of Underwater Acoustic Channels," IEEE Journal of Oceaninc Engineering, Special Issue: Underwater Communications, vol. 99, no. 4, Oct 2013.
- A.Radosevic, R.Ahmed, T.Duman, J.Proakis and M.Stojanovic, ``Adaptive OFDM modulation for Underwater Acoustic Communications: Design Considerations and Experimental Results," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, to appear.
- C.Murphy, J.Walls, T.Schneider, R.Eustice, M.Stojanovic and H.Singh, ``CAPTURE: A Communications Architecture for Progressive Transmission via Underwater Relays with Eavesdropping," IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol.39, No.1, January 2014, pp.120-130..
- S. Yerramalli, M. Stojanovic, U. Mitra "Partial FFT Demodulation: A Detection Method for Doppler Distorted OFDM Systems", IEEE Transactions on Signal
Processing, 60(11), 2012, 5906-5918
- J. Heidemann, M. Stojanovic, M. Zorzi "Underwater Sensor Networks: Applications, Advances, and Challenges", Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, 2012, 158-175
- A. Radosevic, D. Fertonani, T. Duman, J. Proakis, M. Stojanovic "Bounds on the Information Rate for Sparse Channels with Large Memory and I.U.D. Inputs", IEEE Transactions on Communications, 59(12), 2011, 3343-3352
Milica Stojanovic is a Professor at Northeastern University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. She is also a Guest Investigator at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), and a Visiting Scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where she is affiliated with the AUV Laboratory.
Milica’s research is in the areas of digital communications, signal processing, and communication networks. She is interested in communication system design and performance analysis for time-varying channels, with related applications to mobile wireless, and in particular to underwater acoustic communication channels.
Milica is an active member of the IEEE (Fellow 2010) and the Acoustical Society of America. She serves as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering and the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, and is the Chair of the IEEE Ocean Engineering Society’s Technical Committee on Underwater Communications. She also serves on the Advisory Board of the IEEE Communication Letters, Editorial Board of the Elsevier Journal of Physical Communication, and the IEEE Signal Processing for Communications and Networking Technical Committee.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
ECE Professor Milica Stojanovic has been awarded the 2015 IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society's Distinguished Technical Achievement Award.
ECE associate professors Stefano Basagni, Yunsi Fei, & professor Milica Stojanovic were awarded a $400K NSF grant to develop a Northeastern University Marine Observatory NETwork (NU MONET).