Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2018-2019 academic school year. See Full Photo Gallery Faculty Fellow...
You are here
- Distinguished Technical Achievement Award, IEEE Ocean Engineering Society
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Fellow
- R. Ahmed, M. Stojanovic, Joint Power and Rate Control for Packet Coding over Fading Channels, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 42(3), 2016, 697-710
- Y. Aval, S.K. Wilson, M. Stojanovic, Capacity of Acoustic Channels and Practical Power-Allocation Strategies, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, Special Issue on Underwater Communications, 40(4), 2015, 785-795
- Y. Aval, M. Stojanovic, Differentially Coherent Multichannel Detection of Acoustic OFDM Signals, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 40(2), 2015, 251-268
- P. Qarabaqi, M. Stojanovic, Statistical Characterization and Computationally Efficient Modeling of a Class of Underwater Acoustic Channels, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, Special Issue on Underwater Communications, 38(4), 2013, 701-717
- S. Yerramalli, M. Stojanovic, U. Mitra, Partial FFT Demodulation: A Detection Method for Doppler Distorted OFDM Systems, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 60(11), 2012, 5906-5918
- J. Heidemann, M. Stojanovic, M. Zorzi, Underwater Sensor Networks: Applications, Advances, and Challenges, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, 2012, 158-175
Milica Stojanovic is a Professor at Northeastern University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. She is also a Guest Investigator at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), and a Visiting Scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where she is affiliated with the AUV Laboratory.
Milica’s research is in the areas of digital communications, signal processing, and communication networks. She is interested in communication system design and performance analysis for time-varying channels, with related applications to mobile wireless, and in particular to underwater acoustic communication channels.
Milica is an active member of the IEEE (Fellow 2010) and the Acoustical Society of America. She serves as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering and the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, and is the Chair of the IEEE Ocean Engineering Society’s Technical Committee on Underwater Communications. She also serves on the Advisory Board of the IEEE Communication Letters, Editorial Board of the Elsevier Journal of Physical Communication, and the IEEE Signal Processing for Communications and Networking Technical Committee.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE Associate Professor Tommaso Melodia will lead a three-year $1.57M NSF grant with Associate Professors Stefano Basagni, Matteo Rinaldi, and Professor Milica Stojanovic for the "Development of a Software-Defined Networking Testbed for the Internet of Underwater Things".
ECE Professor Milica Stojanovic has been awarded the 2015 IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society's Distinguished Technical Achievement Award.