MIE/ECE Assistant Professor Jose Martinez-Lorenzo, ECE Professor Tommaso Melodia, ECE Professor Kaushik Chowdhury, ECE/MIE Professor Hanumant Singh, and CCIS/ECE Affiliated Faculty Chris Amato were awarded a $1.5M Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) grant for "Robust Decentralized Classification and Coordination Algorithms for Swarms of SUAS."
You are here
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Joint Program, 1995
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Member, American Geophysical Union
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu, National Honor Society for Electrical Engineering
- Member, Alpha Chi, National Honor Society
- C. Murphy, J. Walls, T. Schneider, H. Singh, et al. "CAPTURE: A Communications Architecture for Progressive Transmission via Underwater Relays with Eavesdropping", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 39(1), 2014, 1-13
- H. Singh, W. Freeman, et al. Camouflaging an Object from Many Viewpoints, Proceedings of the 2014 Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Conference, 1-8
- K.E. Smith, H. Singh, H., et al. "Discovery of a Recent, Natural Whale Fall on the Continental Slope Off Anvers Island", Western Antarctic Peninsula, Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, 90, 2014, 76-80
- G. Williams, J. Wilkinson, T. Maksym, H. Singh, C. Kunz, et al. "Mapping Ice Thickness and Extreme Deformation of Antarctic sea Ice from an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle", Nature Geoscience, 8, 2014, 61-67
- M. Yi Cheung, J. Leighton, U. Mitra, H. Singh, F.S. "Hover Performance of Bandit Methods in Acoustic Relay Positioning", Proceedings of the 2014 Automatic Control Conference, 2014, 4708 - 4714
- C. Kunz, H. Singh "Map Building Fusing Acoustic and Visual Information Using Autonomous Underwater Vehicles", Journal of Field Robotics, 30(5), 2013, 1556-4967
- H. Singh, K. Nakamura, M. Jakobssen, T. Shank, et al. "Effusive and Explosive Volcanism on the Ultraslowspreading Gakkel Ridge", 85°E, Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems,13(10), 2012
Joined the Electrical and Computer Engineering department in January 2016.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
ECE/MIE Professor Hanumant Singh was featured in Wired.com's article and video "Dive Under the Ice With the Brave Robots of Antarctica" for his work with his Seabed and Jetyak robots to collect ocean data in extreme arctic conditions.
MIE Assistant Professor Peter Whitney, ECE/MIE Professor Hanumant Singh, and MIE Affiliated Faculty Robert Platt were hand-selected to attend Amazon's MARS conference which brings together leaders in AI, automation, robotics, and space exploration.