An international crew of scientists, including computer engineering PhD student Alek Razdan, who works with ECE/MIE Professor Hanumant Singh, recently returned from a two-month expedition to the Antarctic Ocean where they launched the Jaguar, an autonomous underwater vehicle, to examine the ice in winter months.
You are here
- Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology/Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Joint Program, 1995
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Member, American Geophysical Union
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu, National Honor Society for Electrical Engineering
- Member, Alpha Chi, National Honor Society
- C. Murphy, J. Walls, T. Schneider, H. Singh, et al. "CAPTURE: A Communications Architecture for Progressive Transmission via Underwater Relays with Eavesdropping", IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 39(1), 2014, 1-13
- H. Singh, W. Freeman, et al. Camouflaging an Object from Many Viewpoints, Proceedings of the 2014 Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Conference, 1-8
- K.E. Smith, H. Singh, H., et al. "Discovery of a Recent, Natural Whale Fall on the Continental Slope Off Anvers Island", Western Antarctic Peninsula, Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers, 90, 2014, 76-80
- G. Williams, J. Wilkinson, T. Maksym, H. Singh, C. Kunz, et al. "Mapping Ice Thickness and Extreme Deformation of Antarctic sea Ice from an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle", Nature Geoscience, 8, 2014, 61-67
- M. Yi Cheung, J. Leighton, U. Mitra, H. Singh, F.S. "Hover Performance of Bandit Methods in Acoustic Relay Positioning", Proceedings of the 2014 Automatic Control Conference, 2014, 4708 - 4714
- C. Kunz, H. Singh "Map Building Fusing Acoustic and Visual Information Using Autonomous Underwater Vehicles", Journal of Field Robotics, 30(5), 2013, 1556-4967
- H. Singh, K. Nakamura, M. Jakobssen, T. Shank, et al. "Effusive and Explosive Volcanism on the Ultraslowspreading Gakkel Ridge", 85°E, Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems,13(10), 2012
Joined the Electrical and Computer Engineering department in January 2016.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
ECE/MIE Professor Hanumant Singh comments on the definition of a robot in Wired's article "Who Will Pay for the Future if Not the Robots?" ...
ECE/MIE Professor Hanu Singh’s Antarctica expedition, a collaboration with Northeastern’s College of Engineering, the University of Tasmania, and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, are...