Under the supervision of Associate Professor Masoud Salehi, a team of ECE capstone students, created a Structured Illumination Microscope that will be able to detect skin cancer much faster than today’s methods.
You are here
- K.-L. Huang, V.C. Gaudet, M. Salehi "A Hybrid ARQ Scheme Using LDPC Codes with Stochastic Decoding", Proceedings of the 49th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, 2015, 1-4
- N. Yang, M. Salehi "A Family of Orthogonal Full Rate Differential Space Time Block Code Systems", Proceedings of the IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), Baltimore, MD, October 6-8, 2014, 569-574
- John G. Proakis and Masoud Salehi "Fundamentals of Communication Systems", Second Edition Pearson, 2014
- K. Firouzbakht, G. Noubir, M. Salehi "On the Performance of Adaptive Packetized Wireless Communication Links Under Jamming", IEEE Transactions onWireless Communications, 13(7), 2014, 3481-3495
- K.-L. Huang, V. Gaudet, M. Salehi "Output Decisions for Stochastic LDPC Decoders", Proceedings of the 48th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Princeton, New Jersey, 2014, 1-5
- K. Firouzbakht, G. Noubir, M. Salehi "Packetized Wireless Communication Under Jamming", a Constrained Bimatrix Game, Proceedings of the IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), 2014, 740-745
- K. Firouzbakht, G. Noubir, M. Salehi "Quadratic Program Solution of Communication Links Under Jamming", Proceedings of the 48th Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, 2014, 1011-1015
- O. Vahabzadeh, M. Salehi "A Novel Two-user Cooperation Scheme for Cooperative Communications Based on Protograph-based Low-density
Parity-check (LDPC) Codes", Proceedings of the 47th annual conference on Information Sciences and Systems, 2013, 1-4
- J.G. Proakis, M. Salehi, G. Bauch "Contemporary Communication Systems Using Matlab", Third Edition Cengage Learning 2013
Dr. Salehi received BS degree (Summa Cum Laude) from Tehran University and MS and Ph.D. degrees from Stanford University all in Electrical Engineering. Before joining Northeastern, he was with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology and the Department of Electrical Engineering at Tehran University. From February 1988 to May 1989 Dr. Salehi was a visiting professor at the Information Theory Research Group, Department of Electrical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, where he did research in network information theory and coding of storage media.
In 1989 Dr. Salehi joined Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University. Professor Salehi is a member of the CDSP (Communication and Digital Signal Processing) Center. His main areas of research interest are network information theory, source-channel matching problems in single and multiple user systems, data compression, turbo coding, coding for fading channels, and digital watermarking. Professor Salehi's research has been supported by research grants from the National Science Foundation (NSF), GTE, NUWC, CenSSIS, and Analog Devices. Professor Salehi has also done consulting to the industry including Teleco Oilfield Services and AT&T. Professor Salehi is currently a member of the Editorial Board of The International Journal of Electronics and Communications.
Professor Salehi is the coauthor of the textbooks "Communication Systems Engineering", Prentice-Hall 1994, 2002 (Translated into Chinese, German, and Greek), "Contemporary Communication Systems Using MATLAB and Simulink" Thomson 1998, 2000, 2004 (Translated into Chinese), and "Fundamentals of Communication Systems", Prentice-Hall 2005.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas