ECE Assistant Professor Taskin Padir has been tapped to help develop a new robotics institute for the Department of Defense. Professor Padir’s research interests include modeling and control of...
You are here
- PhD (2004), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MS (1997), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- BS (1993), Middle East Technical University, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Robotics and Automation
- Control Systems
- Systems, Man and Cybernetics
- Computer; Engineering in Medicine and Biology
- Education Societies
- The American Society for Engineering Education
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International
- Sigma Xi
- DeDonato, M. P., Dimitrov, V., Du, R., Giovacchini, R., Knoedler, K., Long, X., Polido, F., Gennert, M. A., and Padir, T., Feng, S., Moriguchi, H., Whitman, E., Xinjilefu, X., Atkeson, C. G., “Human-inthe- Loop Control of a Humanoid Robot for Disaster Response: A Report from the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials”, Journal of Field Robotics, Special Issue on the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials, vol.32, no.2, pp. 275-292, 2015.
- Sinyukov, D., Desmond, R., Dickerman, M., Fleming, J., Scahufeld, J., Padir, T., “Multi-modal Control Framework for a Semi-Autonomous Wheelchair Using Modular Sensor Designs”, Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics, July 2014.
- Sadasivam, R. S., Luger, T. M., Coley, H. L., Taylor, B. B., Padir, T., Ritchie, C. S., Houston, T. K., “Robot-assisted home hazard assessment for fall prevention: a feasibility study,” Journal of telemedicine and telecare, 2013.
- Schirner, G., Erdogmus, D., Chowdhury, K., Padir, T.,“The Future of Human-in-the-Loop Cyber- Physical Systems,” IEEE Computer, vol.46, no.1, pp.36-45, Jan. 2013
- Wyglinski, A. M., Huang, X., Padir, T., Lai, L., Eisenbarth, T. R., Venkatasubramanian, K., “Security of Autonomous Systems Employing Embedded Computing and Sensors,” Micro, IEEE , vol.33, no.1, pp.80,86, Jan.-Feb. 2013
- T. Padir, G.S. Fischer, S. Chernova, M.A. Gennert, et al."A Unified and Integrated Approach to Teaching a Two-course Sequence in Robotics Engineering", Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Special Issue on Education of Robotics and Mechatronics, 23(5), 2011, 1-11
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir will be giving a talk on "Human-Centered Design of Internet of Things for Safer Response to Epidemics" at the IEEE Wireless Health 2016 Conference.
An image showing ECE Professor Taskin Padir and Valkyrie, the NASA robot he is working on improving, is featured in an issue of National Geographic. The article talks at length about prospects of...
135 Shillman Hall
East Village 102