ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir was awarded a $54K Rapid Response Research NSF grant for "Realization of a Medical Cyber-Physical System to Enhance Safety of Ebola Workers". Abstract...
You are here
- PhD (2004), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MS (1997), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- BS (1993), Middle East Technical University, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Robotics and Automation
- Control Systems
- Systems, Man and Cybernetics
- Computer; Engineering in Medicine and Biology
- Education Societies
- The American Society for Engineering Education
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International
- Sigma Xi
- DeDonato, M. P., Dimitrov, V., Du, R., Giovacchini, R., Knoedler, K., Long, X., Polido, F., Gennert, M. A., and Padir, T., Feng, S., Moriguchi, H., Whitman, E., Xinjilefu, X., Atkeson, C. G., “Human-inthe- Loop Control of a Humanoid Robot for Disaster Response: A Report from the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials”, Journal of Field Robotics, Special Issue on the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials, vol.32, no.2, pp. 275-292, 2015.
- Sinyukov, D., Desmond, R., Dickerman, M., Fleming, J., Scahufeld, J., Padir, T., “Multi-modal Control Framework for a Semi-Autonomous Wheelchair Using Modular Sensor Designs”, Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics, July 2014.
- Sadasivam, R. S., Luger, T. M., Coley, H. L., Taylor, B. B., Padir, T., Ritchie, C. S., Houston, T. K., “Robot-assisted home hazard assessment for fall prevention: a feasibility study,” Journal of telemedicine and telecare, 2013.
- Schirner, G., Erdogmus, D., Chowdhury, K., Padir, T.,“The Future of Human-in-the-Loop Cyber- Physical Systems,” IEEE Computer, vol.46, no.1, pp.36-45, Jan. 2013
- Wyglinski, A. M., Huang, X., Padir, T., Lai, L., Eisenbarth, T. R., Venkatasubramanian, K., “Security of Autonomous Systems Employing Embedded Computing and Sensors,” Micro, IEEE , vol.33, no.1, pp.80,86, Jan.-Feb. 2013
- T. Padir, G.S. Fischer, S. Chernova, M.A. Gennert, et al."A Unified and Integrated Approach to Teaching a Two-course Sequence in Robotics Engineering", Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Special Issue on Education of Robotics and Mechatronics, 23(5), 2011, 1-11
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
The Valkyrie robot destined for use on Mars had its first interaction with the public during a presentation in East Village at the beginning of June.
The Associated Press featured ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir and his team as they work to improve Valkyrie's movements which will help the robot use tools, climb ladders, and perform high-level tasks once it is shipped to Mars.
135 Shillman Hall
East Village 102