ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir was featured in Fox 25 Boston interview " New technology giving first responders another tool to help during disasters " on how drones can be used by...
You are here
- PhD (2004), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MS (1997), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- BS (1993), Middle East Technical University, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Robotics and Automation
- Control Systems
- Systems, Man and Cybernetics
- Computer; Engineering in Medicine and Biology
- Education Societies
- The American Society for Engineering Education
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International
- Sigma Xi
- DeDonato, M. P., Dimitrov, V., Du, R., Giovacchini, R., Knoedler, K., Long, X., Polido, F., Gennert, M. A., and Padir, T., Feng, S., Moriguchi, H., Whitman, E., Xinjilefu, X., Atkeson, C. G., “Human-inthe- Loop Control of a Humanoid Robot for Disaster Response: A Report from the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials”, Journal of Field Robotics, Special Issue on the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials, vol.32, no.2, pp. 275-292, 2015.
- Sinyukov, D., Desmond, R., Dickerman, M., Fleming, J., Scahufeld, J., Padir, T., “Multi-modal Control Framework for a Semi-Autonomous Wheelchair Using Modular Sensor Designs”, Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics, July 2014.
- Sadasivam, R. S., Luger, T. M., Coley, H. L., Taylor, B. B., Padir, T., Ritchie, C. S., Houston, T. K., “Robot-assisted home hazard assessment for fall prevention: a feasibility study,” Journal of telemedicine and telecare, 2013.
- Schirner, G., Erdogmus, D., Chowdhury, K., Padir, T.,“The Future of Human-in-the-Loop Cyber- Physical Systems,” IEEE Computer, vol.46, no.1, pp.36-45, Jan. 2013
- Wyglinski, A. M., Huang, X., Padir, T., Lai, L., Eisenbarth, T. R., Venkatasubramanian, K., “Security of Autonomous Systems Employing Embedded Computing and Sensors,” Micro, IEEE , vol.33, no.1, pp.80,86, Jan.-Feb. 2013
- T. Padir, G.S. Fischer, S. Chernova, M.A. Gennert, et al."A Unified and Integrated Approach to Teaching a Two-course Sequence in Robotics Engineering", Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Special Issue on Education of Robotics and Mechatronics, 23(5), 2011, 1-11
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir and CEE Professor & Chair Jerry Hajjar are developing robots that can detect weaknesses in buildings and other infrastructures after a disaster.
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir was featured in R&D's article on " Creating Robots That Are More Like Humans "...
135 Shillman Hall
East Village 102