ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir and the Valkyrie robot were featured in National Geographic's article " Mars: Inside the High-Risk, High-Stakes Race to the Red Planet "...
You are here
- PhD (2004), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- MS (1997), Purdue University, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- BS (1993), Middle East Technical University, Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Robotics and Automation
- Control Systems
- Systems, Man and Cybernetics
- Computer; Engineering in Medicine and Biology
- Education Societies
- The American Society for Engineering Education
- Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International
- Sigma Xi
- DeDonato, M. P., Dimitrov, V., Du, R., Giovacchini, R., Knoedler, K., Long, X., Polido, F., Gennert, M. A., and Padir, T., Feng, S., Moriguchi, H., Whitman, E., Xinjilefu, X., Atkeson, C. G., “Human-inthe- Loop Control of a Humanoid Robot for Disaster Response: A Report from the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials”, Journal of Field Robotics, Special Issue on the DARPA Robotics Challenge Trials, vol.32, no.2, pp. 275-292, 2015.
- Sinyukov, D., Desmond, R., Dickerman, M., Fleming, J., Scahufeld, J., Padir, T., “Multi-modal Control Framework for a Semi-Autonomous Wheelchair Using Modular Sensor Designs”, Journal of Intelligent Service Robotics, July 2014.
- Sadasivam, R. S., Luger, T. M., Coley, H. L., Taylor, B. B., Padir, T., Ritchie, C. S., Houston, T. K., “Robot-assisted home hazard assessment for fall prevention: a feasibility study,” Journal of telemedicine and telecare, 2013.
- Schirner, G., Erdogmus, D., Chowdhury, K., Padir, T.,“The Future of Human-in-the-Loop Cyber- Physical Systems,” IEEE Computer, vol.46, no.1, pp.36-45, Jan. 2013
- Wyglinski, A. M., Huang, X., Padir, T., Lai, L., Eisenbarth, T. R., Venkatasubramanian, K., “Security of Autonomous Systems Employing Embedded Computing and Sensors,” Micro, IEEE , vol.33, no.1, pp.80,86, Jan.-Feb. 2013
- T. Padir, G.S. Fischer, S. Chernova, M.A. Gennert, et al."A Unified and Integrated Approach to Teaching a Two-course Sequence in Robotics Engineering", Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, Special Issue on Education of Robotics and Mechatronics, 23(5), 2011, 1-11
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
ECE Associate Professor Taskin Padir will serve as the program chair for the 2nd US Army Exoskeleton Roundtable at the Battelle Eastern Science & Technology Center (BEST), Aberdeen, MD, from June...
A team of undergraduate engineering students have been selected as finalists for the 2018 NASA RASC-AL Mars Ice Challenge for their project on "Northeastern University Planetary Articulating Water Extraction System (NU PAWES)".
135 Shillman Hall
East Village 102