ECE Professor Hossein Mosallaei's article on "Graphene-based near-field optical microscopy: high-resolution imaging using reconfigurable gratings" is one of the top downloaded articles in microscopy from Applied Optics, Biomedical Optics Express, and Journal of the Optical Society of America A.
You are here
- PhD, University of California, Los Angeles, 2001
- H. Mosallaei "Photonic Materials by Design Computation", Materials Research Society, Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, Dec. 1-6, 2013
- D. Ansari O.B., H. Mosallaei "Computation of Large Arrays of Plasmonic Metamaterials: A Model Profile Approach", IEEE AP-S International Symposium and USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2013
- M. Farmahini Farahani, H. Mosallaei "A Birefringent Reflect Array Metasurface for Beam Engineering in Infrared", Materials Research Society, Spring Meeting, San Francisco, CA, Apr. 1-5, 2013
- J. Cheng, W. L. Wang, H. Mosallaei, E. Kaxiras "Graphene Metamaterial with Organic Molecular Patterning, Materials Research Society", Fall Meeting, Boston, MA, Dec. 1-6, 2013
- S. Valleau, S.K. Saikin, M. Rostami, H. Mosallaei, et al. "Electromagnetic Study of the Chlorosome Antenna Complex of Chlorobium-tepidum", ACS Nano, 8(4), 2014, 3884-3894
- J. Cheng, H. Mosallaei "Optical Metasurfaces for Beam Scanning in Space", Optics Letters, 39(9), 2014, 2719-2722
- M. Farmahini-Farahani, J. Cheng, H. Mosallaei "Metasurfaces Nanoantennas for Light Processing", Journal of the Optical Society of America B, 30(9), 2013, 2365-2370
- B. Memarzadeh, H. Mosallaei "Multimaterial Loops as the Building Block for a Functional Metasurface", Journal of the Optical Society of America B, 30(7), 2013, 1827-1834
- E. Chernobrovkina, S.K. Saikin, S. Valleau, H. Mosallaei, et al. "Parametric Hierarchical Matrix Approach for the Wideband Optical Response of Large scale Molecular Aggregates", Journal of Applied Physics, 114, 2013, e164315
- J. Cheng, W.L. Wang, H. Mosallaei, E. Kaxiras "Surface Plasmon Engineering in Graphene Functionalized with Organic Molecules: A multi-scale Theoretical Investigation", Nano Letters, 14(1), 2013, 50-56
Hossein Mosallaei is Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the College of Engineering at Northeastern University. He received his Ph.D. degree from University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) in June 2001. From 2002-2005 he was on the faculty of EECS Department at the University of Michigan as an Assistant Research Scientist. He joined Northeastern in 2005, and is the Director of Computational EM & Physics Laboratory. He leads research activities in the areas of Physics and Modeling of Metamaterials, Hybridized Materials, Microwave and Photonic Systems, Nanoscale Plasmonics, and Quantum/Molecular Phenomena.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Papers in refereed conferences
ECE Professor Hossein Mosallaei's article on "Graphene-based near-field optical microscopy: high-resolution imaging using reconfigurable gratings" was featured on OSA's Spotlight on Optics: Biology and Medicine.
A paper by ECE Associate Professor Hossein Mosallaei has been selected by the editors of the Journal of Optics to be included in the "Highlights of 2016" collection. The paper is titled...