ECE Professor Hossein Mosallaei was awarded a $500K grant, in collaboration with California Institute of Technology, for "Optical Links for Space" from the NASA Innovative program.
You are here
- PhD, University of California, Los Angeles, 2001
- A. Forouzmand, H. Mosallaei, Dynamic Beam Control via Mie-Resonance Based Phase-Change Metasurface: A Theoretical Investigation, Optics Express, 26(14) 2018
- A. Forouzmand, M.M. Salary, S. Inampudi, H. Mosallaei, A Tunable Multigate Indium-Tin-Oxide-Assisted All-Dielectric Metasurface, Advanced Optical Materials, 6(7), 2018, 1701275
- S. Inampudi, J. Cheng, M.M. Salary, H. Mosallaei, Unidirectional Thermal Radiation from SiC metasurface, JOSA B, 35(1), 2018
- M.M. Salary, S. Inampudi, H. Mosallaei, Characterization of Optomechanical Modes in Multilayer Stack of Graphene sheets, Journal of Materials Research, 2017
- J. Cheng, D. Ansari, H. Mosallaei, Wave Manipulation with Designer Dielectric Metasurfaces, Optics Lett, 39(21), 2014, 6285-6288
- S. Valleau, S.K. Saikin, D. Ansari O.B., M. Rostami, H. Mosallaei, A. Aspuru-Guzik, Electromagnetic Study of the Chlorosome Antenna Complex of Chlorobium-Tepidum, ACS Nano, 2014
Hossein Mosallaei is Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the College of Engineering at Northeastern University. He received his Ph.D. degree from University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) in June 2001. From 2002-2005 he was on the faculty of EECS Department at the University of Michigan as an Assistant Research Scientist. He joined Northeastern in 2005, and is the Director of Computational EM & Physics Laboratory. He leads research activities in the areas of Physics and Modeling of Metamaterials, Hybridized Materials, Microwave and Photonic Systems, Nanoscale Plasmonics, and Quantum/Molecular Phenomena.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
ECE Professor Hossein Mosallaei's article on "Neural Network Based Design of Metagratings" published in Applied Physics Letters was selected as Editor's Pick.
ECE Professor Hossein Mosallaei was awarded a $600K Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) grant for "On-Demand Controllable Photonic Processors and Networks."