ECE Associate Professor Ningfang Mi has been awarded a grant from Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. worth 200K for a project titled “Dynamic Resource Allocation Scheme for Virtualized Storage with...
You are here
- PhD, College of William and Mary, 2009
- 2015 NSF CAREER Award
- IBM Faculty Award
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research Young Investigator Award
- Y. Yao, J. Wang, B. Sheng, N. Mi "Using a Tunable Knob for Reducing Makespan of Map Reduce Jobs in a Hadoop Cluster", The IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (Cloud’13), Santa Clara Marriott, CA, June, 2013
- Deng Liu, Jianzhe Tai, Jack Lo, Ningfang Mi and Xiaoyun Zhu, "vFRM: Flash Resource Manager in VMware ESX Server", the IFIP/IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS’14), Krakow, Poland, May 2014
- Yi Yao, Jiayin Wang, Bo Sheng, Jason Lin, and Ningfang Mi, "HASTE: Hadoop YARN Scheduling Based on Task-Dependency and Resource-Demand", the IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (Cloud’14), Alaska, USA, June 2014
- Y. Yao, J. Tai, B. Sheng, N. Mi "LsPS: A Job Size-based Scheduler for Efficient Assignments in Hadoop", IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 99, 2014, 1-14
- J. Tai, D. Liu, Z. Yang, X. Zhu, J. Lo, N. Mi "Improving Flash Resource Utilization at Minimal Management Cost in Virtualized Flash-based Storage Systems", IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 1, 2015, 1-14
- Y. Yao, J. Wang, B. Sheng, C.C. Tan, N. Mi "Self-adjusting Slot Configurations for Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Hadoop Clusters", IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC), 2015, 1-14
- J. Tai, B. Sheng, Y. Yao, N. Mi "SLA-Aware Data Migration in A Shared Hybrid Storage Cluster, Journal of Cluster Computing (CC)", 2015, 1-13
Ningfang Mi is an Assistant Professor at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Northeastern University, Boston, MA, since Fall 2009. She obtained her Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the College of William and Mary, VA in 2009. She received the M.S. degree in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Dallas, TX in 2004 and the B.S. degree in Computer Science from Nanjing University, China, in 2000. Her research interests include storage systems, multi-tier systems, performance evaluation, energy/power management, simulation, data analysis, system modeling, and scheduling/load balancing.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Papers in refereed conferences
Professor Ningfang Mi and two of her PhD students, Zhengyu Yang and Janki Bhimani, won the best paper award at the 36th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC...
ECE Assistant Professor Ningfang Mi has been awarded a $459K NSF CAREER Award for her project, Capacity Planning Methodologies for Large Clusters with Heterogeneous Architectures and Diverse Applications .