ECE Professor Fabrizio Lombardi has been named the inaugural Editor in Chief of the new open-access journal, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing. The IEEE Computer Society is the...
You are here
- Testing and design of digital systems
- quantum and nano computing
- ATE systems
- configurable/network computing
- defect tolerance
- CAD VLSI
- PhD, University of London, 1982
- Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology
- Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award
- H. Jiang, C. Shen, J. Han, F. Lombardi, P. Jonker, Adaptive Filter Designs Using Stochastic Circuits, IEEE International Symposium on Very-Large-Scale Integration, Pittsburgh, 2016, 122-127
- K. Namba, F. Lombardi, A Coding Scheme for Write Time Improvement of Phase Change Memory (PCM) Systems, IEEE Transactions on Multi-Scale Computing Systems, 2(4), 2016, 291-296
- H.A.F. Almurib, F. Lombardi, T. Nandha Kumar, Current-Based Testing, Modeling and Monitoring for Operational Deterioration of a Memristor-Based LUT, Journal of Electronic Testing Theory and Applications, 32(5), 2016, 587-599
- W. Liu, L. Chen, W. Wang, F. Lombardi, M. O’Neill, Design and Analysis of Inexact Floating-Point Adders, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 65(1), 2016, 308-314
- S. Zare, S. Somu, C. Vittoria, F. Lombardi, Field Sensors and Tunable Devices Using Magnetoelectric Hexaferrite on Silicon Substrates, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 63(8), 2016, 3229-3235
- K. Namba, F. Lombardi, High-Speed Parallel Decodable Single-Error Correcting (SEC) Codes, IEEE Transactions on Device and Material Reliability, 16(1), 2016, 30-37
- L. Chen, J. Han, W. Liu, F. Lombardi, On the Design of Approximate Restoring Dividers for Error-Tolerant Applications, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 65(8), 2016, 2522-2533
- X. Cui, D.Wenwen, F. Lombardi, W. Liu, A Parallel Decimal Multiplier Using Hybrid Binary Coded Decimal (BCD) Codes, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Arithmetics, San Jose, 2016, 150-155
- P. Zhu, J. Han, Y. Guo, F. Lombardi, Reliability and Criticality Analysis of Communication Networks by Stochastic Computation, IEEE Network Magazine, 30(6), 2016, 70-76
- K. Namba, F. Lombardi, Single Multiscale-Symbol Error Correction Codes for Multiscale Storage Systems, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 65(6), 2016, 2005-2009
Fabrizio Lombardi graduated in 1977 from the University of Essex (UK) with a B.Sc. (Hons.) in Electronic Engineering. In 1977 he joined the Microwave Research Unit at University College London, where he received the Master in Microwaves and Modern Optics (1978), the Diploma in Microwave Engineering (1978) and the Ph. D. from the University of London (1982). He is currently the holder of the International Test Conference (ITC) Endowed Professorship at Northeastern University, Boston. At the same Institution during the period 1998-2004 he served as Chair of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Prior to Northeastern University he was a faculty member at Texas Tech University, the University of Colorado-Boulder and Texas A&M University. He has received many professional awards: the Visiting Fellowship at the British Columbia Advanced System Institute, University of Victoria, Canada (1988), twice the Texas Experimental Engineering Station Research Fellowship (1991-1992, 1997-1998) the Halliburton Professorship (1995), the Outstanding Engineering Research Award at Northeastern University (2004) and an International Research Award from the Ministry of Science and Education of Japan (1993-1999).
Dr. Lombardi was the recipient of the 1985/86 Research Initiation Award from the IEEE/Engineering Foundation and a Silver Quill Award from Motorola-Austin (1996). Dr. Lombardi was an Associate Editor (1996-2000) of IEEE Transactions on Computers and a Distinguished Visitor of the IEEE-CS (1990-1993). Since 2000, he has been the Associate Editor-In-Chief of IEEE Transactions on Computers. Currently, he is also an Associate Editor of the IEEE Design and Test Magazine and a Distinguished Visitor of the IEEE-CS; he is also the Chair of the Committee on "Nanotechnology Devices and Systems" of the Test Technology Technical Council of the IEEE.
Dr. Lombardi has been involved in organizing many international symposia, conferences and workshops sponsored by professional organizations as well as guest editor of Special Issues in archival journals and magazines such as the IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, the IEEE Micro Magazine and the IEEE Design & Test Magazine. He is the Founding General Chair of the IEEE Symposium on Network Computing and Applications.
His research interests are testing and design of digital systems,quantum and nano computing, ATE systems, configurable/network computing, defect tolerance and CAD VLSI. He has extensively published in these areas and edited six books.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
ECE Professor Fabrizio Lombardi has been published in the recent issue of ACM Journal on Emerging Technologies in Computing Systems for his research on developing a new nanosystem architecture for Digital Signal Processing (DSP) applications.
Professor Fabrizio Lombardi has been elected a Fellow of the IEEE for his contributions to testing and fault tolerance of digital systems.
200 Snell Engineering