Associate Professors Andrews Gouldstone (MIE) and Yunsi Fei (ECE) weigh in on using biometrics such as facial recognition and fingerprint scans at airports.
You are here
- PhD, Princeton University, 2004. Joined Northeastern in 2011.
- 2015 COE Faculty Fellow
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- B. Jiang, Y. Fei, Smart Home in Smart Microgrid: A Cost-effective Energy Ecosystem with Intelligent Hierarchical Agents, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 6(1), 2015, 3-13
- Y. Han, Y. Fei, TARS: A Traffic-adaptive Receiver-Synchronized MAC Protocol for Underwater Sensor Networks, International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS), 2015
- P. Luo, L. Zhang, Y. Fei, A.A. Ding, Towards Secure Cryptographic Software Implementation Against Side-channel Power Analysis Attacks, International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures, and Processors (ASAP), 2015
- A.A. Ding, L. Zhang, Y. Fei, P. Luo, A Statistical Model for Multivariate DPA on Masked Devices, International Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems, 2014, 147-169
- J.C. Martinez-Santos, Y. Fei, Leveraging Speculative Architectures for Run-time Program Validation, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, 13(1), 2013, 498-505
Yunsi Fei received her BS and MS degrees in Electronic Engineering from Tsinghua University, China in 1997 and 1999, respectively, and her PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University in 2004. She was a faculty member at University of Connecticut until Sept. 2011 when she joined the faculty of Northeastern University. She is presently an associate professor of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Northeastern. Her research and educational activities have been in the area of Computer Engineering, spanning energy-efficient embedded system design and optimization, secure computer architecture and systems, adaptive networking for underwater sensor networks, etc. She was a recipient of NSF CAREER award.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE professor David Kaeli and associate professor Yunsi Fei were awarded a $450K grant from NSF and SRC for "Side-Channel Analysis and Resiliency Targeting Accelerators". Abstract Source:...
Sagar Kamarthi (MIE) has been selected as a panel speaker and Andrew Myers (CEE), Yunsi Fei (ECE), & Edgar Goluch (ChE) have been invited to participate at the National Academy of Engineering's eighth Frontiers of Engineering Education (FOEE) symposium.