ECE Professor Edmund Yeh will serve as Chair of the National Academies Panel on Review of the In-house Laboratory Independent Research in Network Sciences at the Army's Research, Development, and Engineering Centers (RDECs).
You are here
- Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship
- Army Research Office Young Investigator Award
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2015
- Best Paper Award, ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN), 2017
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), 2012
- Faculty Research Team Award, 2017
- Stratis Ioannidis and Edmund Yeh, "Adaptive Caching Networks with Optimality Guarantees." IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. Vol. 26, No. 2, April 2018, pp. 737-750.
- Stratis Ioannidis and Edmund Yeh, "Jointly Optimal Routing and Caching for Arbitrary Network Topologies." Proceedings of ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN), Berlin, Germany, September 26-28, 2017.
- Ying Cui, Muriel Medard, Edmund Yeh, Douglas Leith, and Ken Duffy, "Optimization-Based Linear Network Coding for General Connections of Continuous Flows." Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) - Communication Theory Symposium, London, UK, June 8-12, 2015.
- Edmund M. Yeh, Tracey Ho, Ying Cui, Michael Burd, Ran Liu, and Derek Leong, "VIP: A Framework for Joint Dynamic Forwarding and Caching in Named Data Networks." Proceedings of ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN), Paris, France, September 24-26, 2014, pp. 117-126.
- Eren Sasoglu, Emre Telatar, and Edmund M. Yeh, "Polar Codes for the Two-user Multiple-access Channel." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 59, No. 10, October 2013, pp. 6583-6592.
- Zhenning Kong and Edmund M. Yeh, "Resilience to Degree-dependent and Cascading Node Failures in Random Geometric Networks." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 56, No. 11, November 2010, pp. 5533-5546.
- L. Zhang, D. Estrin, J. Burke, V. Jacobson, E. Yeh, et al., Named Data Networking (NDN) Project, Technical Report ndn-0001, PARC, 2010.
- Yufang Xi and Edmund M. Yeh. "Node-Based Optimal Distributed Power Control, Routing, and Congestion Control in Wireless Networks." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 54, No. 9, September 2008, pp. 4081-4106.
- Zhenning Kong and Edmund M. Yeh, "On the Latency for Information Dissemination in Mobile Wireless Networks." Proceedings of ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc), Hong Kong SAR, China, May 26-30, 2008, pp. 139-148.
- E. Yeh, R.A. Berry, Throughput Optimal Control of Cooperative Relay Networks, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 53(10), 2007, 3827-3833
- Ming Cao, Daniel A. Spielman and Edmund M. Yeh, "Accelerated Gossip Algorithms for Distributed Computation." Proceedings of the Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing. Monticello, IL, September 27-29, 2006, pp. 952-959.
- R.A. Berry, E. Yeh, Cross-Layer Wireless Resource Allocation, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 21(5), 2004, 59-68
- E. Yeh, A.S. Cohen, Throughput and Delay Optimal Resource Allocation in Multiaccess Fading Channels, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), Yokohama, Japan, 2003, 245
- A. Bedekar, S. Borst, K. Ramanan, P. Whiting, E. Yeh, Downlink Scheduling in CDMA Data Networks, Global Telecommunications Conference, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, 1999, 2653-2657
Edmund Yeh received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Distinction and Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford University in 1994. He then studied at Cambridge University on the Winston Churchill Scholarship, obtaining his M.Phil in Engineering in 1995. He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT under Professor Robert Gallager in 2001.
He is currently Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern University. He was previously Assistant and Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Statistics at Yale University. Professor Yeh has held visiting positions at MIT, Stanford, Princeton, University of California at Berkeley, New York University, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), and Technical University of Munich. He has been on the technical staff at the Mathematical Sciences Research Center, Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, Signal Processing Research Department, AT&T Bell Laboratories, and Space and Communications Group, Hughes Electronics Corporation.
Professor Yeh is the recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship, the Army Research Office Young Investigator Award, the Winston Churchill Scholarship, the National Science Foundation and Office of Naval Research Graduate Fellowships, the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship, the Frederick Emmons Terman Engineering Scholastic Award, and the President’s Award for Academic Excellence (Stanford University). He is a Senior Member of the IEEE, a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Tau Beta Pi. He has received three Best Paper Awards: at ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN), Berlin, Germany, September 2017, at IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), London, UK, June 2015, and at IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), Phuket, Thailand, July 2012. Professor Yeh's research has been supported by NSF, DARPA, AFOSR, ARO, DTRA, Intel, Cisco, and Raytheon. He has led or participated in funded research projects worth over $35 million.
Professor Yeh will serve as the General Chair for ACM SIGMETRICS 2020. He recently served on the National Academies Panel on Review of the Information Technology Laboratory at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Professor Yeh has served as the Secretary of the Board of Governors of the IEEE Information Theory Society. He served as General Co-Chair for ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN) 2018. He serves as an Associate Editor for IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking and IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering. He served as an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, the Guest Editor-in-Chief of the Special Issue on Wireless Networks for Internet Mathematics, and a Guest Editor of the Special Series on Smart Grid Communications for IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. He served as a Steering Committee Member for IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), as General Co-chair of the DIMACS (Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science) Workshop on Connectivity and Resilience for Large-Scale Networks, and as General Co-chair for the Workshop on Spatial Stochastic Models for Wireless Networks (SpaSWiN). He has also served on the technical program committees of many leading conferences and workshops, including IEEE Infocom, Globecom, ICC, SmartGridComm, and ACM MobiHoc. Professor Yeh is a Faculty Fellow of the Internet Society Project at Yale Law School.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE Professor Edmund Yeh will serve as General Chair of ACM SIGMETRICS 2020, to be held in Boston. SIGMETRICS is the world's leading conference in the area of performance analysis, measurement,...
ECE Professor Edmund Yeh will serve on the National Academies Panel on Review of the Information Technology Laboratory at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The panel of...
140 The Fenway, room 378