ECE professors Mario Sznaier, Octavia Camps, Ali Abur, & Edmund Yeh, MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, CEE professor Jerome Hajjar, COS professor Lisa Feldman Barrett, CCIS professor...
You are here
- Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship
- Army Research Office Young Investigator Award
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2015
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), 2012
- E. Yeh, R.A. Berry, "Throughput Optimal Control of Cooperative Relay Networks", IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, 53(10), 2007, 3827-3833
- R.A. Berry, E. Yeh, "Cross-layer Wireless Resource Allocation", IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 21(5), 2004, 59-68
- E. Yeh, A.S. Cohen, "Throughput and Delay Optimal Resource Allocation in Multiaccess Fading Channels", Proceedings of the International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), Yokohama, Japan, 2003, 245
- L. Zhang, D. Estrin, J. Burke, V. Jacobson, E. Yeh, et al. "Named Data Networking (NDN) Project", Technical Report ndn-0001, PARC, 2010
- A. Bedekar, S. Borst, K. Ramanan, P. Whiting, E.Yeh, "Downlink Scheduling in CDMA Data Networks", Global Telecommunications
Edmund Yeh received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Distinction and Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford University in 1994. He then studied at Cambridge University on the Winston Churchill Scholarship, obtaining his M.Phil in Engineering in 1995. He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT under Professor Robert Gallager in 2001.
He is currently Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern University. He was previously Assistant and Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Statistics at Yale University. Professor Yeh has held visiting positions at MIT, Princeton, University of California at Berkeley, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), and Technical University of Munich. He has been on the technical staff at the Mathematical Sciences Research Center, Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, Signal Processing Research Department, AT&T Bell Laboratories, and Space and Communications Group, Hughes Electronics Corporation.
Professor Yeh is the recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship, the Army Research Office Young Investigator Award, the Winston Churchill Scholarship, the National Science Foundation and Office of Naval Research Graduate Fellowships, the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship, the Frederick Emmons Terman Engineering Scholastic Award, and the President’s Award for Academic Excellence (Stanford University). He is a Senior Member of the IEEE, a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Tau Beta Pi. He received Best Paper Awards at the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), London, UK, June 2015, and at the IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), Phuket, Thailand, July 2012.
Professor Yeh serves as the Secretary of the Board of Governors of the IEEE Information Theory Society. He serves as an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering. He served as an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, the Guest Editor-in-Chief of the Special Issue on Wireless Networks for Internet Mathematics, and a Guest Editor of the Special Series on Smart Grid Communications for IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. He served as a Steering Committee Member for IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), as General Co-chair of the DIMACS (Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science) Workshop on Connectivity and Resilience for Large-Scale Networks, and as General Co-chair for the Workshop on Spatial Stochastic Models for Wireless Networks (SpaSWiN). He has also served on the technical program committees of many leading conferences and workshops, including IEEE Infocom, Globecom, ICC, SmartGridComm, and ACM MobiHoc.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Professor Edmund Yeh is a co-recipient of the Best Paper Award at the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) Communication Theory Symposium, London, UK. IEEE ICC is a flagship conference of the IEEE Communications Society.
ECE Associate Professor Edmund Yeh was awarded half of a $500,000 NSF grant to study the fundamental limits of caching and forwarding, as well as the design of practical and robust algorithms for...
140 The Fenway, room 378