ECE Professor Edmund Yeh was recently awarded a $1M NSF grant entitled “CC* Integration: SANDIE: Software Defined Network-Assisted Named Data Network for Data Intensive Experiments.”
You are here
- Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship
- Army Research Office Young Investigator Award
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2015
- Best Paper Award, IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), 2012
- Stratis Ioannidis and Edmund Yeh, "Adaptive Caching Networks with Optimality Guarantees." Proceedings of ACM SIGMETRICS, Antibes Juan-les-Pins, June 14-18, 2016, pp. 113-124
- Edmund M. Yeh, Tracey Ho, Ying Cui, Michael Burd, Ran Liu, and Derek Leong, "VIP: A Framework for Joint Dynamic Forwarding and Caching in Named Data Networks." Proceedings of ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN), Paris, France, September 24-26, 2014, pp. 117-126
- Eren Sasoglu, Emre Telatar, and Edmund M. Yeh, "Polar Codes for the Two-user Multiple-access Channel." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 59, No. 10, October 2013, pp. 6583-6592
- Lixia Zhang, Deborah Estrin, Jeffrey Burke, Van Jacobson, James D Thornton, Diana K Smetters, Beichuan Zhang, Gene Tsudik, Dan Massey, Christos Papadopoulos, Tarek Abdelzaher, Lan Wang, Patrick Crowley, and Edmund Yeh. "Named Data Networking (NDN) Project," Technical Report ndn-0001, PARC, October 31, 2010
- Zhenning Kong and Edmund M. Yeh, "Resilience to Degree-dependent and Cascading Node Failures in Random Geometric Networks." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 56, No. 11, November 2010, pp. 5533-5546
- Edmund M. Yeh and Randall A. Berry, "Throughput Optimal Control of Cooperative Relay Networks." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 53, No. 10, October 2007, pp. 3827-3833
- Randall A. Berry and Edmund M. Yeh, "Cross-layer Wireless Resource Allocation." IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, Vol. 21, No. 5, September 2004, pp. 59-68
Edmund Yeh received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering with Distinction and Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford University in 1994. He then studied at Cambridge University on the Winston Churchill Scholarship, obtaining his M.Phil in Engineering in 1995. He received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT under Professor Robert Gallager in 2001.
He is currently Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern University. He was previously Assistant and Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, and Statistics at Yale University. Professor Yeh has held visiting positions at MIT, Princeton, University of California at Berkeley, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), and Technical University of Munich. He has been on the technical staff at the Mathematical Sciences Research Center, Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, Signal Processing Research Department, AT&T Bell Laboratories, and Space and Communications Group, Hughes Electronics Corporation.
Professor Yeh is the recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship, the Army Research Office Young Investigator Award, the Winston Churchill Scholarship, the National Science Foundation and Office of Naval Research Graduate Fellowships, the Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship, the Frederick Emmons Terman Engineering Scholastic Award, and the President’s Award for Academic Excellence (Stanford University). He is a Senior Member of the IEEE, a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Tau Beta Pi. He received Best Paper Awards at the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), London, UK, June 2015, and at the IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), Phuket, Thailand, July 2012.
Professor Yeh has served as the Secretary of the Board of Governors of the IEEE Information Theory Society. He serves as an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering. He served as an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, the Guest Editor-in-Chief of the Special Issue on Wireless Networks for Internet Mathematics, and a Guest Editor of the Special Series on Smart Grid Communications for IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. He served as a Steering Committee Member for IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), as General Co-chair of the DIMACS (Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science) Workshop on Connectivity and Resilience for Large-Scale Networks, and as General Co-chair for the Workshop on Spatial Stochastic Models for Wireless Networks (SpaSWiN). He has also served on the technical program committees of many leading conferences and workshops, including IEEE Infocom, Globecom, ICC, SmartGridComm, and ACM MobiHoc. Professor Yeh is a Faculty Fellow of the Internet Society Project at Yale Law School.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE Assistant Professor Stratis Ioannidis and Professor Edmund Yeh were awarded a $500K NSF grant for "Caching Networks with Optimality Guarantees". Abstract Source: NSF The Internet today...
ECE Professor Edmund Yeh to lead Northeastern in $10M multi-university, industry collaborative DARPA award to advance wireless communication technology.
140 The Fenway, room 378