ECE/BioE Professor Eduardo Sontag, in collaboration with Dr. Chris Voigt from MIT and Dr. Kate Adamala from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, was awarded a $1.5M three-year grant jointly funded from the National Science Foundation and Semiconductor Research Corporation for "Very Large-Scale Genetic Circuit Design Automation".
You are here
- PhD, University of Florida, 1977
- IEEE Control Systems Field Award
- IFAC Fellow
- AMS Fellow
- SIAM Fellow
- IEEE Fellow
- Reid Prize in Applied Mathematics, SIAM
- E.V. Nikolaev, S.J. Rahi, E.D. Sontag, Chaos in Simple Periodically-Forced Biological Models, Biophysical Journal, 114, 2018, 1232-1240
- T.H. Segall-Shapiro, E.D. Sontag, C.A. Voigt, Engineered Promoters Enable Constant Gene Expression at any Copy Number in Bacteria, Nature Biotechnology, 36, 2018, 352-358
- J.K. Kim, E.D. Sontag, Reduction of Multiscale Stochastic Biochemical Reaction Networks Using Exact Moment Derivation, PLoS Computational Biology, 13(6), 2017, e1005571
- E.D. Sontag, A Dynamical Model of Immune Responses to Antigen Presentation Predicts Different Regions of Tumor or Pathogen Elimination, Cell Systems, 4, 2017, 1-11
- E.D. Sontag, Dynamic Compensation, Parameter Identifiability, and Equivariances, PLoS Computational Biology, 13, 2017, 1005447
- S. Barish, M.F. Ochs, E.D. Sontag, J.L. Gevertz, Evaluating Optimal Therapy Robustness by Virtual Expansion of a Sample Population, with a Case Study in Cancer Immunotherapy, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 114, 2017, 6277-6286
- E.V. Nikolaev, E.D. Sontag, Quorum-Sensing Synchronization of Synthetic Toggle Switches: A Design Based on Monotone Dynamical Systems Theory, PLoS Computational Biology, 12, 2016, e1004881
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
University Distinguished Professor Eduardo Sontag developed a new technique that would give researchers the ability to control the behavior of engineered cells.
Eduardo Sontag joins the Electrical and Computer Engineering department in January 2018 as a University Distinguished Professor with a joint appointment in Bioengineering.