CCIS Assistant Professor Jan-Willem van de Meent (PI) and co-PIs ECE Professor Jennifer Dy, ECE Assistant Professor Sarah Ostadabbas, and COS Assistant Professor Ajay Satpute were awarded a $1M NSF grant "Leveraging Deep Probabilistic Models to Understand the Neural Bases of Subjective Experience".
You are here
- Postdoc (2015)—Georgia Tech
- PhD (2014) Electrical & Computer Engineering (Signal Processing)—UT Dallas
- MS (2007) Electrical Engineering (Control)—Sharif University of Tech, Tehran, Iran
- BS (2006) Electrical Engineering (Electronics)—Amirkabir University of Tech, Tehran, Iran
- BS (2005) Electrical Engineering (Biomedical)—Amirkabir University of Tech, Tehran, Iran
- B. Rezaei, S. Ostadabbas, Moving Object Detection through Robust Matrix Completion Augmented with Objectness, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing (J-STSP), 2018
- S. Liu, S. Ostadabbas, Inner Space Preserving Generative Pose Machine, European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV’18), 2018, Munich, Germany
- Y. Yin, M. Nabian, M. Fan, C. Chou, M. Gendron, S. Ostadabbas, Facial Expression and Peripheral Physiology Fusion to Decode Individualized Affective Experience, Affective Computing Workshop of the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-2018)
- A. Farnoosh, M. Nabian, P. Closas, S. Ostadabbas, First-Person Indoor Navigation via Vision-Inertial Data Fusion, IEEE/ION PLANS Conference, 2018, 1213-1222
- S. Liu, S. Ostadabbas, A Vision-Based System for In-Bed Posture Tracking, Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (ICCV/ACVR’17) 1373-1382
- B. Rezaei, S. Ostadabbas, Background Subtraction via Fast Robust Matrix Completion, Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (ICCV/RSL-CV’17), 2017, 871-1879
- A. Farnoosh, M. Nourani, S. Ostadabbas, Spatially-Continuous Plantar Pressure Reconstruction Using Compressive Sensing, Proceedings of the 2nd Machine Learning for Healthcare Conference (MLHC’17), in Journal of Machine Learning Research (JMLR) Track, 68, 2017
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Member of IEEE, IEEE Women in Engineering, IEEE Signal Processing Society, IEEE EMBS, IEEE Young Professionals, and ACM SIGCHI.
The very productive 2018 Multimodal Data Fusion (MMDF) workshop hosted in March 2018 at Northeastern resulted in insightful discussion and productive suggestions for moving the field of multimodal data fusion forward in the coming years.
Shuangjun Liu, ECE PhD student working at the Augmented Cognition Lab (ACLab) directed by Assistant Professor Sarah Ostadabbas, received $30K Amazon Web Service (AWS) credit for the implementation of his PhD research on "A Semi-Supervised Data Augmentation Approach using 3D Graphical Engines".
140 The Fenway
427 Richards Hall
427 Richard Hall
427 Richards Hall