The very productive 2018 Multimodal Data Fusion (MMDF) workshop hosted in March 2018 at Northeastern resulted in insightful discussion and productive suggestions for moving the field of multimodal data fusion forward in the coming years.
You are here
- Postdoc (2015)—Georgia Tech
- PhD (2014) Electrical & Computer Engineering (Signal Processing)—UT Dallas
- MS (2007) Electrical Engineering (Control)—Sharif University of Tech, Tehran, Iran
- BS (2006) Electrical Engineering (Electronics)—Amirkabir University of Tech, Tehran, Iran
- BS (2005) Electrical Engineering (Biomedical)—Amirkabir University of Tech, Tehran, Iran
- B. Rezaei, X. Huang, J. Yee, S. Ostadabbas, Long-Term Non-Contact Tracking of Caged Rodents, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, 2017
- A. Farnoosh, M. Nourani, S. Ostadabbas, Spatially-Continuous Plantar Pressure Reconstruction Using Compressive Sensing, Machine Learning in Health Care, 2017
- B. Rezaei, J. Lowe, J. Yee, S. Porges, S. Ostadabbas, Non-Contact Automatic Respiration Monitoring in Restrained Rodents, IEEE International Conference of the Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, 2016
- S. Ostadabbas, S.N. Housley, N. Sebkhi, K. Richards, D. Wu, Z. Zhang, M.G. Rodriguez, L. Warthen, C. Yarbrough, S. Balagaje, A.J. Butler, M. Ghovanloo, Tongue-Controlled Robotic Rehabilitation: A Feasibility Study in People with Stroke, Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development (JRRD), 53(6), 2016, 989-1006
- S. Ostadabbas, N. Sebkhi, M. Zhang, S. Rahim, L.J. Anderson, F. Lee, M. Ghovanloo, A Vision-Based Respiration Monitoring System for Passive Airway Resistance Estimation, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (TBME), 2016
- S. Ostadabbas, M. Ghovanloo, A.J. Butler, Developing A Tongue Controlled Exoskeleton for a Wrist Tracking Exercise: A Preliminary Study, Journal of Medical Devices (JMD), 9, 2015
- S. Ostadabbas, M. Nourani, R. Yousefi, M. Pompeo, A Knowledge-Based Modeling for Plantar Pressure Image Reconstruction, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (TBME), 61(10), 2014, 2538-2549
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Member of IEEE, IEEE Women in Engineering, IEEE Signal Processing Society, IEEE EMBS, IEEE Young Professionals, and ACM SIGCHI.
Shuangjun Liu, ECE PhD student working at the Augmented Cognition Lab (ACLab) directed by Assistant Professor Sarah Ostadabbas, received $30K Amazon Web Service (AWS) credit for the implementation of his PhD research on "A Semi-Supervised Data Augmentation Approach using 3D Graphical Engines".
ECE Assistant Professor Sarah Ostadabbas has been awarded a $170K NSF grant to develop a “Semi-Supervised Physics-Based Generative Model for Data Augmentation and Cross-Modality Data Reconstruction” to bridge the gap between state-of-the-art deep learning techniques and the small data problem common in personalized healthcare and other data-limited domains.
140 The Fenway
427 Richards Hall
427 Richard Hall
427 Richards Hall