21 COE faculty and affiliates were recipients of FY18 TIER 1 Interdisciplinary Research Seed Grants for 12 different projects representing $600K dollars of investment in research.
You are here
- Postdoc (2015)—Georgia Tech
- PhD (2014) Electrical & Computer Engineering (Signal Processing)—UT Dallas
- MS (2007) Electrical Engineering (Control)—Sharif University of Tech, Tehran, Iran
- BS (2006) Electrical Engineering (Electronics)—Amirkabir University of Tech, Tehran, Iran
- BS (2005) Electrical Engineering (Biomedical)—Amirkabir University of Tech, Tehran, Iran
- S. Ostadabbas, N. Sebkhi, M. Zhang, S. Rahim, L. J. Anderson, F. Lee, M. Ghovanloo, "A Vision-Based Respiration Monitoring System for Passive Airway Resistance Estimation," IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (TBME), Jan. 2016.
- S. Ostadabbas, S. N. Housley, N. Sebkhi, K. Richards, D. Wu, Z. Zhang, M. G. Rodriguez, L. Warthen, C. Yarbrough, S. Balagaje, A. J. Butler, M. Ghovanloo, "A Tongue-Controlled Robotic Rehabilitation: Preliminary Evidence for Function and Quality of Life Improvement in Stroke Survivors," Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development (JRRD), Jan. 2016.
- S. Ostadabbas, M. Ghovanloo, A. J. Butler, “Developing A Tongue Controlled Exoskeleton for a Wrist Tracking Exercise: A Preliminary Study,” Journal of Medical Devices. vol. 9, Sep. 2015.
- S. Ostadabbas, M. Nourani, R. Yousefi, M. Pompeo, "A Knowledge-Based Modeling for Plantar Pressure Image Reconstruction," IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (TBME), vol. 61, no. 10, pp. 2538-2549, Oct. 2014.
- S. Ostadabbas, R. Yousefi, M. Nourani, M. Faezipour, L. Tamil, M. Pompeo, "A Resource-Efficient Planning for Pressure Ulcer Prevention," IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in BioMedicine (TITB), pp. 1265-1273, vol 16, no. 6, Nov. 2012.
- R. Yousefi, M. Nourani, S. Ostadabbas, I, Panahi "A Motion-tolerant Adaptive Algorithm for Wearable Photoplethysmographic Biosensors", IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in BioMedicine, 18(2), 2014, 670-681
- S. Ostadabbas, M. Nourani, M. Pompeo "Pressure Ulcer Studies: A Review from an Engineering Perspective", IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, 2014
- H. Ghasemezadeh, S. Ostadabbas, E. Guenterberg, et al. "Wireless Medical Embedded Systems: A Review of Signal Processing Techniques for Classification", IEEE Sensors Journal, 13(2), 2013, 423-437 (Ranked Top 20 Accessed Articles in First Half of 2013)
Research & Scholarship Interests
Machine learning/pattern recognition; signal and image processing; human decision support systems; augmented cognition system with medical applications
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Member of IEEE, IEEE Women in Engineering, IEEE Signal Processing Society, IEEE EMBS, IEEE Young Professionals, and ACM SIGCHI.
See Google Scholar Profile for all publications »
ECE MS Thesis Defense: "RSVP Keyboard (TM): Comparison on Emotiv® EEG and g.Tec g.USBamp Amplifier," Alan Haghy
140 The Fenway
427 Richards Hall