You are here
- D. Krioukov, M. Kitsak, R. Sinkovits, D. Rideout, D. Meyer, and M. Boguna, Network Cosmology, Nature Scientific Reports, v.2, p.793, 2012 (DOI, arXiv)
Press: UCSD, SDSC, Space, Time, TheRegister, CBS, HuffingtonPost, HuffingtonPostUK, PopularScience, LiveScience, Slashdot, PhysOrg, ScienceDaily, TGDaily, DigitalJournal, Vesti, MK, LifeNews, theRunet
One-sentence abstract: The large-scale structure and dynamics of complex networks and the universe are asymptotically identical.
- F. Papadopoulos, M. Kitsak, M. Angeles Serrano, M. Boguna, and D. Krioukov, Popularity versus Similarity in Growing Networks, Nature, v.489, p.537, 2012 (DOI, arXiv)
Press: UCSD, SDSC, Nature, Nature Physics, PhysOrg, ScienceDaily, AMS, Le Scienze, Elsevier
One-sentence abstract: Trade-offs between popularity and similarity shape the structure and dynamics of growing complex networks, with preferential attachment emerging from local optimization processes, casting these networks as random geometric graphs growing in hyperbolic spaces.
- D. Krioukov, F. Papadopoulos, M. Kitsak, A. Vahdat, and M. Boguna, Hyperbolic Geometry of Complex Networks, Physical Review E, v.82, 036106, 2010 (DOI, arXiv)
One-sentence abstract: A framework to study the structure and function of complex networks in purely geometric terms.
- M. Boguna, F. Papadopoulos, and D. Krioukov, Sustaining the Internet with Hyperbolic Mapping, Nature Communications, v.1, p.62, 2010 (DOI, arXiv, data)
Press: UCSD, SDSC, U. Barcelona, New Scientist, IEEE Spectrum, Communications of the ACM, MIT Scope, The Register, CBC, El Pais, Electronics Weekly, PhysOrg, ACMEscience, Science Daily, I Programmer, ISPreview, PC Pro, CNews
One-sentence abstract: Mapping the Internet to its underlying hyperbolic space enables optimal routing in the Internet.
- M. Boguna, D. Krioukov, and K.C. Claffy, Navigability of Complex Networks, Nature Physics, v.5, p.74-80, 2009 (DOI, arXiv)
Press: UCSD, Nature, Science Daily, Technology Review, Lenta.ru,
One-sentence abstract: Complex networks have navigable topologies.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Big data analytics and practical applications, mathematical physics of networks.