ECE Professors Mitch Kokar and Miriam Leeser will work with BAE Systems on DARPA’s CONverged Collaborative Elements for RF Task Operations (CONCERTO) program. According to BAE Systems, CONCERTO...
You are here
- PhD, Wroclaw University of Technology, 1973. Joined Northeastern in 1984.
- Y. Chen, M.M. Kokar, J. Moskal, D. Suresh, Mapping Spectrum Consumption Models to Cognitive Radio Ontology for Automatic Inference, Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, 2017
- J.J. Moskal, M.M. Kokar, V. Roman, R.B. Normoyle, R. P. Guseman, Towards a SpectralSPARQL standard for exchanging EMS knowledge, In MILCOM 2017: Military Communications Conference, IEEE, 2017
- S. Singh, S. Lu, M.M. Kokar, and P.A. Kogut, Detection and Classification of Emergent Behaviors Using Multi-Agent Simulation Framework (WIP), Spring Simulation Multi-Conference, Society for Modeling & Simulation (SCS), 2017
- L. Lechowicz, M.M. Kokar, Cognitive Radio: Interoperability Through Waveform Reconfiguration, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 2015
- Y. Chen, M.M. Kokar, J. Moskal, D. Suresh, Mapping Spectrum Consumption Models to Cognitive Radio Ontology for Automatic Inference, Wireless Innovation Forum Conference on Wireless Communications Technologies and Software Defined Radio, Wireless Innovation Forum, 2015, *Best paper award
- D. Suresh, M.M. Kokar, J. Moskal, Y. Chen, Updating CRO to CRO2, In Wireless Innovation Forum Conference on Wireless Communications Technologies and Software Defined Radio, Wireless Innovation Forum, 2015
Professor Kokar technical research interests include Information Fusion, Software Engineering, Ontology-Based Computing, and Modeling Languages. In particular, he is interested in higher-level information fusion and situation awareness, ontology-based software radios, the specification and design of self-controlling software using the control theory metaphor, ontology development, ontological annotation of information, logical reasoning about OWL annotated information, consistency checking, formalization of the UML language, consistency checking of UML models vs. UML Metamodel and of UML Metamodel vs. MOF. Dr. Kokar teaches various graduate courses in software engineering, formal methods and artificial intelligence. He has an M.S. and a Ph.D. in computer systems engineering from Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland. He is a senior member of the IEEE and member of the ACM.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
ECE Professor Mitch Kokar and ECE Graduate Leszek Lechowicz have co-authored a book titled Cognitive Radio: Interoperability Through Waveform Reconfiguration.
ECE Professor Mitch Kokar received a $242K two-year grant from the Air Force Research Laboratory to study unexpected behaviors of swarms of dynamical systems.