ECE Professor Yun Raymond Fu has been named a member of the Global Young Academy.
You are here
- PhD, University of Illinois, 2008. Joined Northeastern in 2012.
- Army Research Office Young Investigator Award
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award
- International Neural Network Society's Young Investigator Award
- S. Li, Y. Fu, Learning Balanced and Unbalanced Graphs via Low-rank Coding, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (T-KDE), 27(5), 2015, 1274-1287
- Y. Fu, Human-centered Social Media Analytics, Springer, 2014
- Y. Kong, Y. Jia, Y. Fu, Interactive Phrases: Semantic Descriptionsfor Human Interaction Recognition, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 36(9), 2014, 1775-1788
- Y. Fu, Low-rank and Sparse Modeling for Visual Analysis, Springer, 2014
- K. Li, Y. Fu, Prediction of Human Activity by Discovering Temporal Sequence Patterns, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 36(8), 2014, 1644-1657
Yun Raymond Fu is an interdisciplinary faculty member affiliated with College of Engineering and the College of Computer and Information Science at Northeastern. He received the B.Eng. degree in information engineering and the M.Eng. degree in pattern recognition and intelligence systems from Xi'an Jiaotong University, China, respectively, and the M.S. degree in statistics and the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, respectively. Prior to joining the Northeastern faculty, he was a Scientist working at BBN Technologies, Cambridge, MA, during 2008-2010. He holds a Part-Time Lecturer position in the Department of Computer Science, Tufts University, Medford, MA, in 2009. He was a tenure-track Assistant Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, State University of New York, Buffalo, during 2010-2012.
Dr. Fu is the recipient of the 2002 Rockwell Automation Master of Science Award, Edison Cups of the 2002 GE Fund Edison Cup Technology Innovation Competition, the 2003 Hewlett-Packard Silver Medal and Science Scholarship, the 2007 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2007 Best Paper Award, the 2007-2008 Beckman Graduate Fellowship, the 2008 M. E. Van Valkenburg Graduate Research Award, the ITESOFT Best Paper Award of 2010 IAPR International Conferences on the Frontiers of Handwriting Recognition, the 2010 Google Faculty Research Award, the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo 2011 Quality Reviewer, the IEEE ICDM 2011 Workshop on Large Scale Visual Analytics Best Paper Award, and the 2011 IC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award. He is an Associate Editor of the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS FOR VIDEO TECHNOLOGY. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, Member of AAAI, Lifetime Member of ACM, SPIE, and Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and Beckman Graduate Fellow during 2007-2008.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE Associate Professor Yun Raymond Fu is researching a new approach to address the management of knee osteoarthritis, an important public health issue due to the high costs of treatment and the high...
ECE & CCIS Associate Professor Y. Raymond Fu is the awardee of the 2016 IEEE CIS Outstanding Early Career Award, for contributions to neural computing, manifold learning, and visual intelligence.