These faculty recognitions bring the total young investigator awards in the college to 39, including 25 NSF CAREER and 10 DOD Young Investigator awards.
You are here
- PhD, University of Illinois, 2008. Joined Northeastern in 2012.
- Army Research Office Young Investigator Award
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award
- International Neural Network Society's Young Investigator Award
- Y. Fu, Human-Centered Social Media Analytics, Springer, VIII, 208 p 97, 2013
- Y. Fu, Y. Ma, Graph Embedding for Pattern Classification, Springer, VIII, 260 p 91, 2013
- X. Zhao, X. Li, Z. Wu, Y. Fu, Y. Liu, Multiple Subcategories Parts-Based Representation for One Sample Face Identification, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (T-IFS), Volume: 8, Issue: 10, p 1654- 1664, 2013
- Y. Kong, Y. Jia, Y. Fu, Interactive Phrases: Semantic Descriptions for Human Interaction Recognition, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), 2014
- K. Li, Y. Fu, Prediction of Human Activity by Discovering Temporal Sequence Patterns, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), 2014
- M. Shao, D. Kit, Y. Fu, Generalized Transfer Subspace Learning Through Low-Rank Constraint, International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), vol. 109, issue 1-2, p 74-93, August, 2013
- Y. Yao, Y. Fu, Contour Model Based Hand-Gesture Recognition Using Kinect Sensor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (T-CSVT), 2013
- L. Li, S. Li, Y. Fu, Learning Low-Rank and Discriminative Dictionary for Image Classification, Image and Vision Computing (IVC), 2014
- W.W. Xu, L. Li, M.A. Stefanone, Y. Fu, Does Social Media Users’ Commenting Behavior Differ by Their Local Community Tie? A Computer Assisted Linguistic Analysis Approach, First Monday, vol. 19, no. 1-6, January 2014
- Y. Su, S. Li, S. Wang, Y. Fu Submanifold Decomposition, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (T-CS VT), 2014
Yun Raymond Fu is an interdisciplinary faculty member affiliated with College of Engineering and the College of Computer and Information Science at Northeastern. He received the B.Eng. degree in information engineering and the M.Eng. degree in pattern recognition and intelligence systems from Xi'an Jiaotong University, China, respectively, and the M.S. degree in statistics and the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, respectively. Prior to joining the Northeastern faculty, he was a Scientist working at BBN Technologies, Cambridge, MA, during 2008-2010. He holds a Part-Time Lecturer position in the Department of Computer Science, Tufts University, Medford, MA, in 2009. He was a tenure-track Assistant Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, State University of New York, Buffalo, during 2010-2012.
Dr. Fu is the recipient of the 2002 Rockwell Automation Master of Science Award, Edison Cups of the 2002 GE Fund Edison Cup Technology Innovation Competition, the 2003 Hewlett-Packard Silver Medal and Science Scholarship, the 2007 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2007 Best Paper Award, the 2007-2008 Beckman Graduate Fellowship, the 2008 M. E. Van Valkenburg Graduate Research Award, the ITESOFT Best Paper Award of 2010 IAPR International Conferences on the Frontiers of Handwriting Recognition, the 2010 Google Faculty Research Award, the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo 2011 Quality Reviewer, the IEEE ICDM 2011 Workshop on Large Scale Visual Analytics Best Paper Award, and the 2011 IC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award. He is an Associate Editor of the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS FOR VIDEO TECHNOLOGY. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, Member of AAAI, Lifetime Member of ACM, SPIE, and Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and Beckman Graduate Fellow during 2007-2008.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Books and book chapters
Papers in refereed journals
ECE & CCIS Assistant Professor Y. Raymond Fu received a highly competitive $240K DOD Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP) Research Equipment award for major equipment for...
ECE & CCIS Assistant Professor Y. Raymond Fu was awarded his 3rd Young Investigator Award this year by the Naval Research Office for “Intention Sensing through Video-based Imminent Activity...