Congratulations to ECE Associate Professors Kaushik Chowdhury, Raymond Fu, Matteo Rinaldi, ECE Professor Vincent Harris, and BioE Professor Jeff Ruberti whose projects were selected for Phase 1 2018 funding by Northeastern's GapFund360 program.
You are here
- PhD, University of Illinois, 2008. Joined Northeastern in 2012.
- 2017 Faculty Fellow
- Army Research Office Young Investigator Award
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award
- International Neural Network Society's Young Investigator Award
- Søren Buus Outstanding Research Award
- Grainger Foundation Frontiers of Engineering Award
- J.P. Robinson, M. Shao, Y. Wu, H. Liu, T. Gillis, Y. Fu, Visual Kinship Recognition of Families In the Wild (FIW), IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), 2018
- H. Liu, Z.g Tao, Y. Fu, Partition Level Constrained Clustering, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), 2018
- S. Li, M. Shao, Y. Fu, Person Re-identication by Cross-View Multi-Level Dictionary Learning, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), 2018
- K. Li, Z. Wu, K.C. Peng, J.Ernst, Y. Fu, Tell Me Where To Look: Guided Attention Inference Network, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2018
- Y. Zhang, Y.Tian, Y.Kong, B. Zhong Y. Fu, Residual Dense Network for Image Super-Resolution, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2018
Yun Raymond Fu
Yun Raymond Fu is an interdisciplinary faculty member affiliated with College of Engineering and the Khoury College of Computer and Information Sciences at Northeastern. He received the B.Eng. degree in information engineering and the M.Eng. degree in pattern recognition and intelligence systems from Xi'an Jiaotong University, China, respectively, and the M.S. degree in statistics and the Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, respectively. Prior to joining the Northeastern faculty, he was a Scientist working at BBN Technologies, Cambridge, MA, during 2008-2010. He holds a Part-Time Lecturer position in the Department of Computer Science, Tufts University, Medford, MA, in 2009. He was a tenure-track Assistant Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, State University of New York, Buffalo, during 2010-2012.
Dr. Fu is the recipient of the 2002 Rockwell Automation Master of Science Award, Edison Cups of the 2002 GE Fund Edison Cup Technology Innovation Competition, the 2003 Hewlett-Packard Silver Medal and Science Scholarship, the 2007 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2007 Best Paper Award, the 2007-2008 Beckman Graduate Fellowship, the 2008 M. E. Van Valkenburg Graduate Research Award, the ITESOFT Best Paper Award of 2010 IAPR International Conferences on the Frontiers of Handwriting Recognition, the 2010 Google Faculty Research Award, the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo 2011 Quality Reviewer, the IEEE ICDM 2011 Workshop on Large Scale Visual Analytics Best Paper Award, and the 2011 IC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Award. He is an Associate Editor of the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS FOR VIDEO TECHNOLOGY. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, Member of AAAI, Lifetime Member of ACM, SPIE, and Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and Beckman Graduate Fellow during 2007-2008.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE/CCIS Associate Professor Yun Raymond Fu has been elevated to an IEEE Fellow for his contributions to manifold learning and face and gesture recognition. IEEE Fellow is a distinction reserved for...
ECE/CCIS Associate Professor Yun Raymond Fu was selected as a distinguished member of the Association for Computing Machinery for his outstanding scientific contributions to computing.
427 Richards Hall
427 Richards Hall