ECE Assistant Professor Hui Fang and a team of neuroscientists from Boston Children's Hospital have developed a transparent array of microelectrodes on nano-mesh to monitor the impulses sent by the brain.
You are here
- PhD (2014) in Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- BS (2009) in Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University
- H. Fang, K.J. Yu, C. Gloschat, Z. Yang, E. Song, C.-H. Chiang, J. Zhao, S.M. Won, S. Xu, M. Trumpis, Y. Zhong, S.W. Han, Y. Xue, D. Xu, S.W. Choi, G. Cauwenberghs, M. Kay, Y. Huang, J. Viventi, I.R. Efimov, J.A. Rogers, Capacitively Coupled Arrays of Multiplexed Flexible Silicon Transistors for Long-Term Cardiac Electrophysiology, Nature Biomedical Engineering, 1, 2017, 0038
- K.J. Seo, Y. Qiang, I. Bilgin, S. Kar, C. Vinegoni, R. Weissleder, H. Fang, Transparent Electrophysiology Microelectrodes and Interconnects from Metal Nanomesh, ACS Nano, 11, 2017, 4365-4372
- H. Fang, J. Zhao, K. Yu, E. Song, A.B. Farimani, C.H. Chiang, X. Jin, Y. Xue, D. Xu, W. Du, K.J. Seo, Y. Zhong, Z. Yang, S. Won, G. Fang, S.W. Choi, S. Chaudhuri, Y. Huang, M. Ashraful Alam, J. Viventi, N.R. Aluru, J.A. Rogers, Ultra-thin, Transferred Layers of Thermally Grown Silicon Dioxide as Biofluid Barriers for Bio-Integrated Flexible Electronic Systems, PNAS, 113, 2016, 11682-11687
- K.J. Yu, D. Kuzum, S.-W. Hwang, B.H. Kim, H. Juul, N.H. Kim, S.M. Won, K. Chiang, M. Trumpis, A.G. Richardson, H. Cheng, H. Fang, et. al., Bioresorbable Silicon Electronics for Transient Spatiotemporal Mapping of Electrical Activity from the Cerebral Cortex, Nature Materials, 15, 2016, 782-791
- H. Fang, C. Battaglia, C. Carraro, S. Nemsak, B. Ozdol, J. S. Kang, H.A. Bechtel, S.B. Desai, et. al., Strong Interlayer Coupling In Van Der Waals Heterostructures Built From Single-Layer Chalcogenides, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 111, 2014, 6198-6202
- H. Fang, H.A. Bechtel, E. Plis, M. C. Martin, S. Krishna, E. Yablonovitch, A. Javey, Quantum of Optical Absorption in Two-Dimensional Semiconductors, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,110, 2013, 11688-11691
- H. Fang, M. Tosun, G. Seol, T-C. Chang, K. Takei, J. Guo, A. Javey, Degenerate n-Doping of Few-Layer Transition Metal Dichalcogenides by Potassium, Nano Letters, 13, 2013, 1991-1995
- H. Fang, S. Chuang, T. C. Chang, K. Takei, T. Takahashi, A. Javey, High-performance Single Layered WSe2 p-FETs with Chemically Doped Contacts, Nano Letters, 12, 2012, 3788-3792
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
The Center for STEM Education kicked off its 2017 Young Scholars Program on June 26, 2017, with 26 budding scientists and engineers from high schools at a variety of cities and towns in the Greater Boston area.
Hui Fang joins the Electrical & Computer Engineering department in Fall 2016 as an Assistant Professor.