ECE Assistant Professor Hui Fang has been awarded a $500K NSF CAREER Award for his Transforming Neural Interfaces Using Stretchable, Transparent, Multifunctional Nanomesh Microelectrodes project.
You are here
- PhD (2014) in Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
- BS (2009) in Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University
- Y. Qiang, K.J. Seo, X. Zhao, P. Artoni, N. Golshan, S. Culaclii, P.-M. Wang, W. Liu, K.S. Ziemer, M. Fagiolini, H. Fang, Bilayer Nanomesh Structures for Transparent Recording and Stimulating Microelectrodes, Advanced Functional Materials, 2017, 1704117
- H. Fang, K.J. Yu, C. Gloschat, Z. Yang, E. Song, C.-H. Chiang, J. Zhao, S.M. Won, S. Xu, M. Trumpis, Y. Zhong, S.W. Han, Y. Xue, D. Xu, S.W. Choi, G. Cauwenberghs, M. Kay, Y. Huang, J. Viventi, I.R. Efimov, J.A. Rogers, Capacitively Coupled Arrays of Multiplexed Flexible Silicon Transistors for Long-Term Cardiac Electrophysiology, Nature Biomedical Engineering, 1, 2017, 0038
- K.J. Seo, Y. Qiang, I. Bilgin, S. Kar, C. Vinegoni, R. Weissleder, H. Fang, Transparent Electrophysiology Microelectrodes and Interconnects from Metal Nanomesh, ACS Nano, 11, 2017, 4365-4372
- H. Fang, J. Zhao, K. Yu, E. Song, A.B. Farimani, C.H. Chiang, X. Jin, Y. Xue, D. Xu, W. Du, K.J. Seo, Y. Zhong, Z. Yang, S. Won, G. Fang, S.W. Choi, S. Chaudhuri, Y. Huang, M. Ashraful Alam, J. Viventi, N.R. Aluru, J.A. Rogers, Ultra-thin, Transferred Layers of Thermally Grown Silicon Dioxide as Biofluid Barriers for Bio-Integrated Flexible Electronic Systems, PNAS, 113, 2016, 11682-11687
- K.J. Yu, D. Kuzum, S.-W. Hwang, B.H. Kim, H. Juul, N.H. Kim, S.M. Won, K. Chiang, M. Trumpis, A.G. Richardson, H. Cheng, H. Fang, et. al., Bioresorbable Silicon Electronics for Transient Spatiotemporal Mapping of Electrical Activity from the Cerebral Cortex, Nature Materials, 15, 2016, 782-791
- H. Fang, C. Battaglia, C. Carraro, S. Nemsak, B. Ozdol, J. S. Kang, H.A. Bechtel, S.B. Desai, et. al., Strong Interlayer Coupling In Van Der Waals Heterostructures Built From Single-Layer Chalcogenides, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 111, 2014, 6198-6202
- H. Fang, H.A. Bechtel, E. Plis, M. C. Martin, S. Krishna, E. Yablonovitch, A. Javey, Quantum of Optical Absorption in Two-Dimensional Semiconductors, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences,110, 2013, 11688-11691
- H. Fang, M. Tosun, G. Seol, T-C. Chang, K. Takei, J. Guo, A. Javey, Degenerate n-Doping of Few-Layer Transition Metal Dichalcogenides by Potassium, Nano Letters, 13, 2013, 1991-1995
- H. Fang, S. Chuang, T. C. Chang, K. Takei, T. Takahashi, A. Javey, High-performance Single Layered WSe2 p-FETs with Chemically Doped Contacts, Nano Letters, 12, 2012, 3788-3792
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
ECE Assistant Professor was featured in the Physics World article "Transparent microelectrodes improve brain activity mapping".
ECE Assistant Professor Hui Fang and a team of neuroscientists from Boston Children's Hospital have developed a transparent array of microelectrodes on nano-mesh to monitor the impulses sent by the brain.