ECE Assistant Professor Stratis Ioannidis, Associate Professor Deniz Erdogmus, and Professor Jennifer Dy were awarded an $800K NSF grant to create an "Assistive Integrative Support Tool for Retinopathy of Prematurity".
You are here
- PhD, Purdue University, 2001. Joined Northeastern in 2002.
- NSF CAREER Award
- S.M. Brown, A. Webb, R.S. Mangoubi, J.G. Dy, A Sparse Combined Regression-classification Formulation for Learning a Physiological Alternative to Clinical Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Scores, Twenty-ninth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2015
- J. Ross, P. Castaldi, M. Cho, J.G. Dy, Dual Beta Process Priors for Latent Cluster Discovery in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, ACM SIGKDD Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 2014
- D. Niu, J.G. Dy, M.I. Jordan, Iterative Discovery of Multiple Alternative Clustering Views, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 36(7), 2014, 1340-1353
- Y. Yan, R. Rosales, G. Fung, J.G. Dy, Active Learning from Crowds, Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2011, 1161-1168
- Y. Guan, J.G. Dy, M.I. Jordan, A Unified Probabilistic Model for Global and Local Unsupervised Feature Selection, Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2011, 1073-1080
- M. Masaeli, G. Fung, J.G. Dy, From Transformation-Based Dimensionality Reduction to Feature Selection, Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2010, 751-758
- Y. Yan, R. Rosales, G. Fung, M. Schmidt, J.G. Dy, et al., Modeling Annotator Expertise: Learning when Everybody Knows a Bit of Something, Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 9, 2010, 932-939
Dr. Jennifer G. Dy is an associate professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, since 2002. She obtained her MS and PhD in 1997 and 2001 respectively from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, and her BS degree in 1993 from the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of the Philippines. She received an NSF Career award in 2004. She is an editorial board member for the journal, Machine Learning since 2004, publications chair for the International Conference on Machine Learning in 2004, and program committee member for ICML, ACM SIGKDD, AAAI, and SIAM SDM. Her research interests include Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistical Pattern Recognition, and Computer Vision.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
2016 Faculty and Staff Awards Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2015-2016 academic school year. Faculty...
How will marine organisms adapt and survive under extreme climate stressors, specifically, rising ocean temperatures and their extremes? This is an important question motiving ECE Professor Jennifer...