ECE Professors Jennifer Dy & David Kaeli, and CEE Associate Professor April Gu were awarded a $860K NSF grant for “Exploring Analysis of Environment and Health Through Multiple Alternative Clustering”
You are here
- PhD, Purdue University, 2001. Joined Northeastern in 2002.
- NSF CAREER Award
- D. Niu, J. Dy, M.I. Jordan, "Iterative Discovery of Multiple Alternate Clustering Views," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2013
- Y. Yan, R. Rosales, G. Fung, R. Subramanian, J. Dy, "Learning From Multiple Annotators with Varying Expertise," Machine Learning, 1-37, 2013
- P. Castaldi, J. Dy, J. Ross, Y. Chang, G. Washko, (COPDGene Study team), E. Silverman, M. Cho, "Cluster Analysis in the COPDGene Study Identifies Subtypes of Smokers with Distinct Patterns of Airway Disease and Emphysema," Thorax, 2014
- F. Azmandian, A. Yilmazer, J. Dy, J.A. Aslam, D.R. Kaeli, "Harnessing the Power of GPUs to Speed up Feature Selection for Outlier Detection," Journal of Computer Science and Technology, vol. 29 (3): 408-422, 2014
- J. Ross, J. Dy, "Nonparametric Mixture of Gaussian Processes with Constraints," Proceedings of the International Conference on Machine Learning, JMLR W&CP 28 (3): 1346-1354, 2013
- J. Sourati, K. Kose, M. Rajadhyaksha, J. Dy, D. Erdogmus, Dana H. Brooks, "Automated Localization of Wrinkles and the Dermo-Epidermal Junction in Obliquely-Oriented Reflectance Confocal Microscopic Images of Human Skin," SPIE BiOS, 2013
- M. Moghadamfalahi, A. Satpute, M. Akcakaya, D. Brooks, J. Dy, D.Erdogmus, L. Barrett, "Are Affective Responses in fMRI Independent of Previous Affect-Inducing Stimuli?," Organization for Human Brain Mapng (OHBM), 2013
- K. Kose, C. Alessi-Fox, J. Dy, D. Brooks, M. Rajadhyaksha, "Computer-Based Algorithms for Classification of Skin Cancer Morphology in Reflectance Confocal Microscopy Images," 62nd Annual Montagna Symposium on the Biology of Skin, Light and Skin: How Light Sustains, Damages, Treats, Images and Modifies Skin Biology,Stevenson, WA, Oct., 2013
- J. Ross, P. Castaldi, M. Cho, J. Dy, "Dual Beta Process Priors for Latent Cluster Discovery in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease," ACM SIGKDD Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, 2014
Dr. Jennifer G. Dy is an associate professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, since 2002. She obtained her MS and PhD in 1997 and 2001 respectively from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, and her BS degree in 1993 from the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of the Philippines. She received an NSF Career award in 2004. She is an editorial board member for the journal, Machine Learning since 2004, publications chair for the International Conference on Machine Learning in 2004, and program committee member for ICML, ACM SIGKDD, AAAI, and SIAM SDM. Her research interests include Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistical Pattern Recognition, and Computer Vision.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Papers in refereed journals
Papers in refereed conferences
Electrical & Computer Engineering Associate Professor Jennifer Dy, Civil & Environmental Engineering Associate Professor Auroop Ganguly & Affiliated Assistant Professor Tarik Gouhier were...
ECE Professor David Kaeli and Associate Professor Jennifer Dy were awarded a patent for creating a Virtual Machine Monitor Based Intrusion Detection System. Dr. Kaeli leads the Northeastern...