Assistant Professor Pau Closas was featured as the lead guest editor of the IEEE Signal Processing Magazine “Advanced in Signal Processing for Global Navigation Satellite Systems” special...
You are here
- MS (2014), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Advanced Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering
- PhD, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, 2009
- MS (2003), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2016 Best Paper Presentation Award, Institute of Navigation
- 2016 Early Achievement Award, Institute of Navigation
- 2014 EURASIP Best PhD Thesis Award
- 2014 Duran Farell Award for Technology Research
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Senior Member
- Signal Processing Society
- Institute of Navigation
- M.G. Amin, P. Closas, A. Broumandan, J.L. Volakis, Vulnerabilities, Threats, and Authentication in Satellite-based Navigation Systems [scanning the issue], Proceedings of the IEEE, 104(6), 2016, 1169-1173
- J. Vilà-Valls, P. Closas, C. Fernández-Prades, J.A. López-Salcedo, G. Seco-Granados, Adaptive GNSS Carrier Tracking under Ionospheric Scintillation: Estimation vs Mitigation, IEEE Communications Letters, 19(6), 2015, 961-964
- D. Dardari, P. Closas, P. Djuric, Indoor Tracking: Theory, Methods, and Technologies, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 64(4), 2015, 1263-1278
- J. Dampf, T. Pany, W. Bär, J. Winkel, C. Stöber, K. Fürlinger, P. Closas, J.A. Garcia-Molina, More Than We Ever Dreamed Possible: Processor Technology for GNSS Software Receivers in the Year 2015, Inside GNSS, 10(4), 2015, 62-72
- X. Liu, M. Liang, Y. Morton, P. Closas, T. Zhang, Z. Hong, Performance evaluation of MSK and OFDM modulations for Future GNSS signals, GPS Solutions, 18(2), 2014, 13
- A. Moragrega, P. Closas and C. Ibars, "Supermodular Game for Power Control in TOA-Based Positioning," in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 3246-3259, June15, 2013.
- J. Arribas, C. Fernandez-Prades and P. Closas, "Antenna Array Based GNSS Signal Acquisition for Interference Mitigation," in IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 223-243, Jan. 2013.
- P. Closas, C. Fernandez-Prades and J. Vila-Valls, "Multiple Quadrature Kalman Filtering," in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 6125-6137, Dec. 2012.
- P. Closas, C. Fernandez-Prades and J. A. Fernandez-Rubio, "A Bayesian Approach to Multipath Mitigation in GNSS Receivers," in IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 695-706, Aug 2009.
- P. Closas, C. Fernandez-Prades and J. A. Fernandez-Rubio, "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Position in GNSS," in IEEE Signal Processing Letters, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 359-362, May 2007.
Pau Closas is an assistant professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, since 2016. He received his MS and PhD in Electrical Engineering from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in 2003 and 2009, respectively. He also holds a MS degree in Advanced Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering from UPC since 2014. In 2003, he joined the Department of Signal Theory and Communications, UPC, as a Research Assistant. In 2008 he was Research Visitor at the Stony Brook University (SBU), NY, USA. In 2009 he joined the CTTC, where he was Senior Researcher and Head of the Statistical Inference for Communications and Positioning Department. His primary areas of interest include statistical and array signal processing, estimation and detection theory, stochastic filtering, robust statistics, and game theory, with applications to positioning systems, wireless communications, and mathematical biology.
He is the recipient of the EURASIP Best PhD Thesis Award 2014, the 9th Duran Farell Award for Technology Research, and the 2016 ION Early Achievement Award, in recognition to his contributions to navigation systems and signal processing fields. He served in the organization committees of flagship conferences, for instance, as Publications Chair of the IEEE SSP 2016 and the IEEE ICASSP 2020 conferences. He is also Guest Editor of special issues in the IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technologies, the Proceedings of the IEEE, and the IEEE Sig. Proc. Magazine.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
ECE Assistant Professor Pau Closas will join the Navigation Systems Panel (NSP), a technical panel of the IEEE Aerospace and Electronics Systems Society (AESS).
ECE Assistant Professor Pau Closas has been given an Early Achievement Award by the Institute of Navigation (ION), the world's premier non-profit professional society dedicated to the advancement of the art and science of positioning, navigation, and timing.