ECE Assistant Professor Pau Closas received an NSF CAREER award for "Secure and ubiquitous position, navigation and timing."
You are here
- MS (2014), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Advanced Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering
- PhD, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, 2009
- MS (2003), Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2016 Best Paper Presentation Award, Institute of Navigation
- 2016 Early Achievement Award, Institute of Navigation
- 2014 EURASIP Best PhD Thesis Award
- 2014 Duran Farell Award for Technology Research
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Senior Member
- Signal Processing Society
- Institute of Navigation
- P. Closas, A. Gusi-Amigó, Direct Position Estimation of GNSS Receivers, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 34(5), 2017, 72-84
- J. Vilà-Valls, P. Closas, J.T. Curran, Multi-frequency GNSS Robust Carrier Tracking for Ionospheric Scintillation Mitigation, Journal of Space Weather and Space Climate, 7, 2017, A26
- J. Curran, M. Paonni, M. Navarro, S. Pfletschinger, P. Closas, M. Anghileri, Coding Aspects of Secure GNSS Receivers, Proceedings of the IEEE, 104(6), 2016, 1271-1287
- M.G. Amin, P. Closas, A. Broumandan, J.L. Volakis, Vulnerabilities, Threats, and Authentication in Satellite-Based Navigation Systems [Scanning the Issue], Proceedings of the IEEE, 104(6), 2016, 1169-1173
- D. Dardari, P. Closas, P. Djuric, Indoor Tracking: Theory, Methods, and Technologies, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 64(4), 2015, 1263-1278
- A. Moragrega, P. Closas, C. Ibars, Supermodular Game for Power Control in TOA-Based Positioning, IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, 61(12), 2013, 3246-3259
- P. Closas, C. Fernández-Prades, J. Vilà-Valls, Multiple Quadrature Kalman Filtering, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 60(12), 2012, 6125-6137
- P. Closas, C. Fernández-Prades, J.A. Fernández-Rubio, A Bayesian Approach to Multipath Mitigation in GNSS Receivers, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, 3(4), 2009, 695-706
Pau Closas is an assistant professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, since 2016. He received his MS and PhD in Electrical Engineering from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in 2003 and 2009, respectively. He also holds a MS degree in Advanced Mathematics and Mathematical Engineering from UPC since 2014. In 2003, he joined the Department of Signal Theory and Communications, UPC, as a Research Assistant. In 2008 he was Research Visitor at the Stony Brook University (SBU), NY, USA. In 2009 he joined the CTTC, where he was Senior Researcher and Head of the Statistical Inference for Communications and Positioning Department. His primary areas of interest include statistical and array signal processing, estimation and detection theory, stochastic filtering, robust statistics, and game theory, with applications to positioning systems, wireless communications, and mathematical biology.
He is the recipient of the EURASIP Best PhD Thesis Award 2014, the 9th Duran Farell Award for Technology Research, and the 2016 ION Early Achievement Award, in recognition to his contributions to navigation systems and signal processing fields. He served in the organization committees of flagship conferences, for instance, as Publications Chair of the IEEE SSP 2016 and the IEEE ICASSP 2020 conferences. He is also Guest Editor of special issues in the IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technologies, the Proceedings of the IEEE, and the IEEE Sig. Proc. Magazine.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
Honors & Awards
ECE Assistant Professor Pau Closas was awarded a $160K NSF grant for "securing GNSS-based infrastructures." Pau Closas, assistant professor, electrical and computer engineering, was awarded...
ECE Assistant Professor Pau Closas was awarded with the Best Paper in Track Award at the IEEE/ION Position Location and Navigation Symposium ( PLANS ). Jordi Vilà-Valls, James T. Curran, Pau Closas,...