ECE Professor Tommaso Melodia is the founding director of Northeastern's new Institute for the Wireless Internet of Things, which will help build the next generation of wireless technologies.
You are here
- PhD, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009.
- 2017 Faculty Research Team Award
- 2017 DARPA Young Faculty Award
- 2017 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)
- 2016 COE Faculty Fellow
- 2016 Office of Naval Research Director of Research Early Career Award
- 2015 National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- Chair, IEEE Technical Committee on Simulation
- Fellow, National Science Foundation of China
- P. Nguyen, U. Muncuk, A. Ashok, K.R. Chowdhury, et al., Battery-Free Identification Token for Touch Sensing Devices ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys), Stanford, CA, 2016
- R. Doost-Mohammady, M.Y. Naderi, K.R. Chowdhury, Performance Analysis of CSMA/CA based Medium Access in Full-Duplex Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 15(6), 2016, 1457-1470
- M. Swaminathan, F.S. Cabrera, J.S. Pujol, U. Muncuk, G. Schirner, K.R. Chowdhury, Multi-Path Model and Sensitivity Analysis for Galvanic Coupled Intra-Body Communication through Layered Tissue, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, 10(2), 2016, 339-351
- M. Swaminathan, U. Muncuk, K.R. Chowdhury, Topology Optimization for Galvanic Coupled Wireless Intra-Body Communication, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), San Francisco, 2016
- R.G. Cid-Fuentes, M.Y. Naderi, S. Basagni, K.R. Chowdhury, A. Cabellos-Aparicio, E. Alarcón, On Signaling Power: Communications Over Wireless Energy, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), San Francisco, 2016
- S. De, D. Mishra, K.R. Chowdhury, Charging Time Characterization for Wireless RF Energy Transfer, IIEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, 64(4), 2015, 362-366
Kaushik R. Chowdhury graduated with B.E. in Electronics Engineering with distinction from VJTI, Mumbai University, India, in 2003. He received his M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Cincinnati, OH, in 2006, and Ph.D. from the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA in 2009. His M.S. thesis was given the outstanding thesis award jointly by the ECE and CS departments. He has also won the BWN researcher of the year award during his Ph.D. in 2007, and the best paper award in the AHSN symposium in IEEE ICC 2009. His expertise and research interests lie in wireless cognitive radio ad hoc networks, resource allocation in wireless multimedia sensor networks, and bio-medical applications of sensors. He is a member of the IEEE Communications Society and the ACM.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
Four faculty members will have projects funded by Northeastern through the Center for Research innovation as part of a new funding initiative administered by the Center for Research Innovation. For a...
Congratulations to ECE Associate Professors Kaushik Chowdhury, Raymond Fu, Matteo Rinaldi, ECE Professor Vincent Harris, and BioE Professor Jeff Ruberti whose projects were selected for Phase 1 2018 funding by Northeastern's GapFund360 program.
Room 114, West Village F