ECE Associate Professor Kaushik Chowdhury is one of 102 scientists and researchers being awarded a Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE).
You are here
- PhD, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009. Joined Northeastern in 2009.
- 2015 National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- Chair, IEEE Technical Committee on Simulation
- Fellow, National Science Foundation of China
- A. Al-Ali, Y. Sun, M. DiFelice, J. Paavola, K.R. Chowdhury, Accessing Spectrum Databases using Interference Alignment in Vehicular Cognitive Radio Networks, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 64(1), 2015, 263-272
- S. De, D. Mishra, K.R. Chowdhury, Charging Time Characterization for Wireless RF Energy Transfer, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, 64(4), 2015, 362-366
- D. Mishra, S. De, S. Jana, S. Basagni, K.R. Chowdhury, et al., Smart RF Energy Harvesting Communications: Challenges and Opportunities, IEEE Communications Magazine, 33(4), 2015, 1-14
- Y. Sun, K.R. Chowdhury, Enabling Emergency Communication through Cognitive Radio Vehicular Network, IEEE Communications Magazine, 52(10), 2014, 68-75
- M.Y. Naderi, P. Nintanavongsa, K.R. Chowdhury, RF-MAC: A Medium Access Control Protocol for Re-chargeable Sensor Networks Powered by Wireless Energy Harvesting, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communication, 13(7), 2014, 3926-3937
- R. Doost-Mohammady, M.Y. Naderi, K.R. Chowdhury, Spectrum Allocation and QoS Provisioning Framework for Cognitive Radio with Heterogeneous Service Classes, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communication, 13(7), 2014, 3938-3950
Kaushik R. Chowdhury graduated with B.E. in Electronics Engineering with distinction from VJTI, Mumbai University, India, in 2003. He received his M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Cincinnati, OH, in 2006, and Ph.D. from the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA in 2009. His M.S. thesis was given the outstanding thesis award jointly by the ECE and CS departments. He has also won the BWN researcher of the year award during his Ph.D. in 2007, and the best paper award in the AHSN symposium in IEEE ICC 2009. His expertise and research interests lie in wireless cognitive radio ad hoc networks, resource allocation in wireless multimedia sensor networks, and bio-medical applications of sensors. He is a member of the IEEE Communications Society and the ACM.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE PhD Student Benjamin Drozdenko named a Spring 2017 Dissertation Completion Awardee from Northeastern University’s Provost Office. Drozdenko is co-advised by Professor Miriam Leeser and...
ECE Associate Professor Kaushik Chowdhury and Visiting Professor Berk Canberk from Istanbul Technical University (ITU) received the CAMAD Best Paper Award for their paper "Dynamic Power Adjustment and Resource Allocation Framework for LTE Networks".
Room 114, West Village F