MIE/ECE Assistant Professor Jose Martinez-Lorenzo, ECE Professor Tommaso Melodia, ECE Professor Kaushik Chowdhury, ECE/MIE Professor Hanumant Singh, and CCIS/ECE Affiliated Faculty Chris Amato were awarded a $1.5M Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) grant for "Robust Decentralized Classification and Coordination Algorithms for Swarms of SUAS."
You are here
- PhD, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009.
- 2017 Faculty Research Team Award
- 2017 DARPA Young Faculty Award
- 2017 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE)
- 2016 COE Faculty Fellow
- 2016 Office of Naval Research Director of Research Early Career Award
- 2015 National Science Foundation CAREER Award
- Chair, IEEE Technical Committee on Simulation
- Fellow, National Science Foundation of China
- P. Nguyen, U. Muncuk, A. Ashok, K.R. Chowdhury, et al., Battery-Free Identification Token for Touch Sensing Devices ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys), Stanford, CA, 2016
- R. Doost-Mohammady, M.Y. Naderi, K.R. Chowdhury, Performance Analysis of CSMA/CA based Medium Access in Full-Duplex Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 15(6), 2016, 1457-1470
- M. Swaminathan, F.S. Cabrera, J.S. Pujol, U. Muncuk, G. Schirner, K.R. Chowdhury, Multi-Path Model and Sensitivity Analysis for Galvanic Coupled Intra-Body Communication through Layered Tissue, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, 10(2), 2016, 339-351
- M. Swaminathan, U. Muncuk, K.R. Chowdhury, Topology Optimization for Galvanic Coupled Wireless Intra-Body Communication, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), San Francisco, 2016
- R.G. Cid-Fuentes, M.Y. Naderi, S. Basagni, K.R. Chowdhury, A. Cabellos-Aparicio, E. Alarcón, On Signaling Power: Communications Over Wireless Energy, IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), San Francisco, 2016
- S. De, D. Mishra, K.R. Chowdhury, Charging Time Characterization for Wireless RF Energy Transfer, IIEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, 64(4), 2015, 362-366
Kaushik R. Chowdhury graduated with B.E. in Electronics Engineering with distinction from VJTI, Mumbai University, India, in 2003. He received his M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Cincinnati, OH, in 2006, and Ph.D. from the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA in 2009. His M.S. thesis was given the outstanding thesis award jointly by the ECE and CS departments. He has also won the BWN researcher of the year award during his Ph.D. in 2007, and the best paper award in the AHSN symposium in IEEE ICC 2009. His expertise and research interests lie in wireless cognitive radio ad hoc networks, resource allocation in wireless multimedia sensor networks, and bio-medical applications of sensors. He is a member of the IEEE Communications Society and the ACM.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE Professor Kaushik Chowdhury is leading an interdisciplinary COE team leveraging a $1.5 million DARPA grant to identify device-specific radio signals on a massive scale.
ECE Associate Professor Kaushik Chowdhury, coordinator for the Wireless Innovation between Finland and U.S. (WiFiUS) program, organized a PI meeting at Northeastern, with 10 projects currently funded on the theme of Internet of Things (IOT).
Room 114, West Village F