Congratulations to all the winners of the faculty and staff awards, and to everyone for their hard work and dedication during the 2017-2018 academic school year. Faculty Fellow Guohao Dai, BioE...
You are here
PhD, Ohio State University, 1985. Joined Northeastern in 2005.
- Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- A. Rouhani, A. Abur, Constrained Iterated Unscented Kalman Filter for Dynamic State and Parameter Estimation, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 33(3), 2018, 2404-2414
- Y. Lin, A. Abur, A New Framework for Detection and Identification of Network Parameter Errors, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids, 9(3), 2018, 1698-1706
- Y. Lin, A. Abur, Fast Correction of Network Parameter Errors, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 33(1), 2018, 1095-1096
- A. Rouhani, A. Abur, Linear Phasor Estimator Assisted Dynamic State Estimation, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids, 9 (1), 2018, 211-219
- X. Chenxi, A. Abur, A Massively Parallel Framework for Very Large Scale Linear State Estimation, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 33(4), 2017, 4407-4413
- Y. Lin, A. Abur, Enhancing Network Parameter Error Detection and Correction via Multiple Measurement Scans, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 32(3), 2017, 2417-2425
- A. Rouhani, A. Abur, Real-Time Dynamic Parameter Estimation for an Exponential Dynamic Load Model, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids, 7(3), 2016, 1530-1536
Ali Abur obtained his B.S. degree from Orta Dogu Teknik Universitesi, Turkey in 1979 and both his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the Ohio State University in 1981 and 1985 respectively. He was a faculty member at Texas A&M University until November 2005 when he joined the faculty of Northeastern University as a Professor and Chair of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. His research and educational activities have been in the area of power systems. He is a Fellow of the IEEE for his work on power system state estimation. He co-authored a book and published widely in IEEE journals and conferences. He serves on the Editorial Board of IEEE Transactions on Power Systems and Power Engineering Letters.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE Professor Ali Abur was awarded a $792K grant from the Enabling Extreme Real-time Grid Integration of Solar Energy (ENERGISE) funding program.
ECE professors Mario Sznaier, Octavia Camps, Ali Abur, & Edmund Yeh, MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, CEE professor Jerome Hajjar, COS professor Lisa Feldman Barrett, CCIS professor...
299 Ryder Hall
442 Dana Research Center
442 Dana Research Center