ECE Professor Ali Abur was awarded a $792K grant from the Enabling Extreme Real-time Grid Integration of Solar Energy (ENERGISE) funding program.
You are here
PhD, Ohio State University, 1985. Joined Northeastern in 2005.
- Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- M. Göl, A. Abur, A Fast Decoupled State Estimator for Systems Measured by PMUs, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 30(5), 2015, 2766-2771
- M. Göl, A. Abur, Hybrid State Estimator for Systems with Limited Number of PMUs, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 30(3), 2015, 1511-1517
- A. Rouhani, A. Abur, Real-time Dynamic Parameter Estimation for an Exponential Dynamic Load Model, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids, 99, 2015
- M. Göl, A. Abur, A Robust PMU Based Three-phase State Estimator Using Modal Decoupling, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 29(5), 2014, 2292-2299
- M. Göl, A. Abur, LAV Based Robust State Estimation for Systems Measured by PMUs, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids, 5(4), 2014, 1808-1814
- R. Emami, A. Abur, External System Line Outage Identification Using Phasor Measurement Units, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 28, 2013, 1035-1040
- L. Zhang, A. Abur, Identifying Parameter Errors via Multiple Measurement Scans, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 28(4), 2013, 3916-3923
- M. Göl, A. Abur, Observability and Criticality Analyses for Power Systems Measured by Phasor Measurements, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 28(3), 2013, 3319-3326
- M. Korkali, A. Abur, Robust Fault-location Using Least-absolute-value Estimator, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 28(4), 2013, 4384-4392
Ali Abur obtained his B.S. degree from Orta Dogu Teknik Universitesi, Turkey in 1979 and both his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the Ohio State University in 1981 and 1985 respectively. He was a faculty member at Texas A&M University until November 2005 when he joined the faculty of Northeastern University as a Professor and Chair of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. His research and educational activities have been in the area of power systems. He is a Fellow of the IEEE for his work on power system state estimation. He co-authored a book and published widely in IEEE journals and conferences. He serves on the Editorial Board of IEEE Transactions on Power Systems and Power Engineering Letters.
Research & Scholarship Interests
Department Research Areas
College Research Initiatives
Honors & Awards
ECE professors Mario Sznaier, Octavia Camps, Ali Abur, & Edmund Yeh, MIE assistant professor Jacqueline Griffin, CEE professor Jerome Hajjar, COS professor Lisa Feldman Barrett, CCIS professor...
ECE students Melissa Healy, Emily Pankosky, Elizabeth Amyouny, Alyssa Bezreh, Drew HasBrouck, and Sydnee Mizuno were selected as 2015/16 PES Scholarship Plus recipients.
299 Ryder Hall
442 Dana Research Center
442 Dana Research Center