Assistant/Associate/Full Professor – Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Northeastern University invites applications for multiple open positions at all levels. We seek exceptional candidates with research interests and expertise broadly in one or more of the following areas:
Power and Energy Systems:
- Smart and Renewable Power Systems
- Power Electronics (Renewable Energy, Converters, Vehicles, Devices)
- Electric Drives (Wind, Vehicles, and others) and their control (Resiliency, Reliability, Smart Grid)
- Energy harvesting and Zero Power Systems
Networking, Communications and IoT:
- 5G Wireless Systems and Beyond
- mmWave Communication Systems
- Embedded Systems for Networking
- Wearable, Implantable, and Biomedical Networked Systems
- IoT Hardware, Software, and Network Security
- Fog and Edge Networking/Computing
- Optimization and Control of Wireless Networks
Materials and Devices:
- Nanotechnology and Flexible Electronics
- Precision Micro and Nanoscale Sensors
- Multiferroic and Oxide and Nitride based Material Systems for Sensing Applications
- Quantum Sensors and Sensing at the limits
- Quantum Computing and Quantum Logic Systems
- Photonic Devices, Systems and Integrated Circuits
- Miniaturized Biological Systems
- Soft Robotics
- Vehicular Automation
- Precision Guided Surgical Instrumentation
- Control Systems
- Computer Vision and System Verification
- Secure Hardware and Software Systems/Devices
- Big Data, Computation, Machine Learning, and Visualization
- High Performance Systems and Architectures
Outstanding candidates at all levels will be considered. Candidates should be committed to fostering diverse and inclusive environments as well as to promoting experiential learning, which are central to Northeastern University education.
A Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field to one of the above listed expertise areas by the start date is required. Successful candidates will be expected to develop strong independent research programs and to excel in teaching in both our undergraduate and graduate programs.
Northeastern’s ECE department has 64 faculty members, with established areas of excellence in high performance computing, robotics, IoT technologies, materials and devices, cybersecurity (NU is an NSA Center of Excellence in both education and research), and communications/ networking/ signal processing. For more information about the faculty openings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northeastern University is ideally located in the heart of Boston and is in close proximity to a number of major academic institutions and innovative technology companies and installations. Northeastern’s departments and research centers maintain strong collaborative interactions with many of these institutions, and the University is also home to a number of NSF-, DHS-, NIST and NIH-supported core research centers. At the core of the Northeastern engineering education experience is our top ranked cooperative education program.
Applications should include a complete curriculum vita, a statement of current and future research interests, a statement of teaching interests, and contact information for at least four references. Applications must be completed through the online submission portal at https://neu.peopleadmin.com/postings/57285. Review of applications will begin immediately and will proceed until the positions are filled. Northeastern ECE embraces diversity and seeks candidates who can contribute to a welcoming climate for students and faculty of all races and genders.
Northeastern University seeks to meet the needs of dual career couples and is a member of the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium to assist with dual career searches.
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern is an E-Verify Employer.