330 Dana Research Center
Fax: (617) 373-8970
Professor Vittoria received his B.S. degree from Toledo University (1963), and his M.S. degree
from Toledo University (1965), and his Ph.D. Solid State Physics from Yale University (1970).
His industrial experience includes 20 years in government service (Naval Research Laboratory). He
has consulted for MTL (Materials Technology Laboratory and additional Industrial Laboratories).
Dr. Vittoria is currently a Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at
Northeastern University. His teaching interest are: Magnetism and Solid State Theory;
Electromagnetic Wave Theory; Microwave Circuits, Ferrite and Superconducting Device Components;
Microwave Properties of Materials, Electrical Engineering Materials.
Dr. Vittoria is interested in Electromagnetic Wave Propagation in Anisotropic Media; Physics of
Magnetism; High Tc Superconductors and Weak Link Devices; Thin Film Preparation by MBE; Ferrites
and Composites; Metal Hydrides; Magnetic Metal Alloys and Magnetic Superlattices; Miniature
Microwave Circuits; Elementary Microwave Excitations in Solids; Stripline and Slot-line Circuits.
- Observation of Ultrahigh Critical Current Densities in High-Tc Superconducting Bridge
Constructions, H. Jiang, Y. Huang, H. How, S. Zhang, C. Vittoria, A. Widom, D.B. Chrisey,
J.S. Horwitz, and R. Lee, Phys. Rev. Lett. 66, 1785 (1991).
- Supercurrents at a Pinch, J. Gallop, News and Views, Nature 350, 465 (4/11/91)
- Isotopic Spin Formulation of the Josephson and Effect, Phys. Rev. B46, 13964 (1992).
- Demagnetization Energy and Magnetic Permeability Tensor of Spheroidal Magnetic Particles
Dispersed in Cubic Lattices, H. How and C. Vittoria, Phys. Rev. B43, 8094 (1991).
- Quantum Electrodynamic Theory of Vortex Oscillations in Type II Superconductors,
A. Widom, Y.N. Srivastava, C. Vittoria, R. Karim, H. Jiang, and How, Phys. Rev. B46, 1102 (1992).
- FMR and EXAFs modeling of heat treated Fe-rich and Co-rich M-M films, V.G. Harris,
C. Vittoria and W.T. Elam, IEEE Trans. Mag. MAG-27, 3620 (1991).
- Tunable Microwave Filters Using a Slotted Line Circuit, C. Vittoria, United States
Patent, Patent Number 4,590,448, Date May 20, 1986.
- Ferromagnetic Resonance of Exchange Coupled Magnetic Layers, C. Vittoria, Phys. Rev.
B37, 2387 (1988).
- Microwave Properties of (Fe.82B.18)..90La.05 amorphous metal alloys, C. Vittoria,
N.C. Koon, P. Lubitz, and J.A. Geohegan, J. Appl. Phys. 55, 1741 (1984).
- Magnetic Properties of Amorphous and Crystalline GdFe2, C. Vittoria, P. Lubitz, and
V. Ritz, J. Appl. Phys. 49, 4908 (1978).