ECEU692-- Intro to Subsurface
Sensing and Imaging
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dept., Northeastern University
Spring Semester, 2004
Charles DiMarzio and Dana Brooks
SURVEY OF STUDENTS' BACKGROUNDS AND INTERESTS
All students are asked to fill out and return this survey ASAP, either by
email or hardcopy. To fill out and return by email, one way is to just save
the web page as a text file (not an html file, this will make filling it
out easier), fill it out in any word processor or editor, and then attach
the result to an email to both Prof. DiMarzio
and Prof. Brooks.
To help us make this course meet the needs of the students as best we can,
we would appreciate your responses to the following questions.
- Degree Program:   EE   ECE
CE   Other (specify)
- Previous Coursework
- Please answer the following questions:
Please indicate if you have not taken a course in:
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves,
- Discrete Systems,
- Differential Equations, and
- Linear Algebra
- 2. Are you doing a minor? If so, in what?
- 3. Please list the Computer Engineering or Computer Science
courses you have taken beside ECE 1382, Digital Logic
Design, and lab.
- 4.If you have taken any elective (that is, not required)
ECE Department courses, beyond those listed above,
please list them here:
- 5. If you have taken any elective courses outside ECE that you
think might be relevant, such as in Physics, Math,
or Computer Science, please list them here. Please
don't list the standard required Math, Physics,
MIME, and Chemistry classes.
- Use of Matlab: If you have used Matlab anywhere
(course or job) beside the freshman computing course, please tell us about
it and rate your familiarity with Matlab (say, as beginner, intermediate,
- Coop Background
- Please give a brief description of each of your
coop jobs--include at least name of employer, number of
coop terms, type of business, and a description of what
you did. If you think there may be any relevance to this
course please mention it.
- Interest Areas within ECE
- What areas of Electrical and Computer
Engineering are you particularly interested in?
- Future Plans
- Do you currently plan to work in industry
immediately after graduation, go to grad school, both? If you are
not sure, just put down your current thinking on the topic.
- Other comments/suggestions/ideas
- Have at it. We are particularly
interested in knowing why you choose this class, what you hope to
get out of it, and what concerns, if any, you have about it.
Revised, DHB, 2004-01-07